Eibach Pro Plus suspension kit + new pads/rotors...

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else running this? Just had it installed on my ‘95 Snake and am anxious to get it home and get the feel for it. I am just curious to get some +/- feedback on the ride quality, handling, etc. I also added new Akebono pads all around and NAPA Reactive One slotted rotors all around.

Mustanger

Reaction score
3770370B-58EA-426B-8842-90E9D3A851EE (3).jpg Yes I have been running the complete Eibach Pro kit plus suspension for ever since it came out! On my 94 GT Roush Tribute car...I have bought Koni Yellow Adjustables recently to finally replace the Eibach shocks & struts after many tens of thousands of miles! I forget when I actually installed my Eibachs. Back then the magazines rated it about a 96% full race setup ( or close to that) and loved it for the street manners! Not too harsh at all handles great on a track or curvy road & easy to live with. I concur...it is outstanding on the road & inspires a lot of confidence at speed.

Still feels tight & in control at highly illegal speeds! You know it is a lowered car on speed bumps especially the hard no taper ones but not unreasonably so. I have also added full length welded in MM subframes & MM adjustable rear LCA'S...the LCA'S are one of my top additions as it completely planted my car! No more wheel hop on burnouts or going around corners & hitting the gas! If you don't have aftermarket LCA'S you NEED them!

I stayed with my 17" wheels don't mind them at all...Love the DD Bullitt look as I am old school too. Next I have found I need a Panhard bar for the corners as my rear axle does move around during my fun times... I have a few places I try to better my abilities in. ☺

So no complaints at all about the Eibach Pro Kit suspension...it works, it lasts, the stance is great, using either Bilsteins or the Koni adjustables with it will be perfect for my needs & abilities.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mustanger,
Great feedback, thanks! I’m not a terribly aggressive driver so I’ll wait and see about the LCA’s and shocks. I will run the setup as it comes at first then see what, if any, alterations I might desire...hehehe!

Thanks again for the feedback and the heads up on the speed bumps. I appreciate it

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 5663 Yes I have been running the complete Eibach Pro kit plus suspension for ever since it came out! On my 94 GT Roush Tribute car...I have bought Koni Yellow Adjustables recently to finally replace the Eibach shocks & struts after many tens of thousands of miles! I forget when I actually installed my Eibachs. Back then the magazines rated it about a 96% full race setup ( or close to that) and loved it for the street manners! Not too harsh at all handles great on a track or curvy road & easy to live with. I concur...it is outstanding on the road & inspires a lot of confidence at speed.

Still feels tight & in control at highly illegal speeds! You know it is a lowered car on speed bumps especially the hard no taper ones but not unreasonably so. I have also added full length welded in MM subframes & MM adjustable rear LCA'S...the LCA'S are one of my top additions as it completely planted my car! No more wheel hop on burnouts or going around corners & hitting the gas! If you don't have aftermarket LCA'S you NEED them!

I stayed with my 17" wheels don't mind them at all...Love the DD Bullitt look as I am old school too. Next I have found I need a Panhard bar for the corners as my rear axle does move around during my fun times... I have a few places I try to better my abilities in. ☺

So no complaints at all about the Eibach Pro Kit suspension...it works, it lasts, the stance is great, using either Bilsteins or the Koni adjustables with it will be perfect for my needs & abilities.
Great looking ride, btw!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mustanger,
I can echo everything you just said. I’m entirely happy and pleased with the Eibach Pro Plus kit. LCA’s made a BIG difference and to steal a quote from the movie “Pretty Woman”... It handles like it’s on rails”!! The front & rear sway bars see to that! Shocks allow the proper amount of absorption and keep the wheels planted over harsh stuff. Very happy

Werecow

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, good stuff to know!! I'll try to remember this and file it away when I get ready to do some suspension work on my foxbody, Cherry Bomb!!

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an idiot!..... I forgot to mention that I also have MM front & rear strut tower braces and full length subframe connectors ( the ones that bolt to the west studs), all of which help in the overall handling dynamic

uh.... that would be “seat studs”, not west studs! Darn auto spell...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just received yesterday the MM camber kit. Alignment shop took all the camber out and he recommended this kit. So, I’ll call, make appointment to have it installed, correct the camber and get the suspension alignment perfect! No more steering at the 11:45 position!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just received yesterday the MM camber kit. Alignment shop took all the camber out and he recommended this kit. So, I’ll call, make appointment to have it installed, correct the camber and get the suspension alignment perfect! No more steering at the 11:45 position!

It’s too early to drink..............

Good luck with the alignment. Hopefully they get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Too early? Naaaah!
It’s 5:00 somewhere!!

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Daryl - have you posted a ride quality assessment after your suspension install? If not, please update this thread and some photos would be appreciated. Have you measured your ground clearance at the tightest spot under your car?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
F2A0CE0A-1C47-4753-B717-5A4BC59CAA61.jpeg 457B3DAA-BE11-4D08-A1D3-B6495F83ABDC.jpeg 0B3C6D3C-3C93-4B99-8AA1-E51B6CE8CE45.jpeg EABBAEC9-03E4-4301-9115-B9CF2754551F.jpeg 50FE3976-B90F-4B9F-A2D4-4B8AF1A16187.jpeg E2272386-ED11-48AC-8A11-FC7F4A10C78A.jpeg 15D784F5-741E-48D5-82BF-84E0D8AA85A7.jpeg upload_2020-11-26_9-0-4.jpeg Till,
No, I haven’t measured for narrowest clearance, but can if you’d like. Just tell me where you want me to measure and I’ll do it for ya.

As far as ride quality before and after, it’s a bit hard for me to give a comparison because I have no idea what was in there before. I know it wasn’t stock because the overall ride height wasn’t stock and there were no identifying marks, labels or stamps on the old suspension. But, here’s what I can tell you...

The handling is great! I’ve thrown into turns at speeds I normally wouldn’t do or feel comfortable doing, and it handles it flawlessly. Little to no sway in the body and to quote a line from the movie “Pretty Woman”, it handles like its on rails!
FWIW, I also have subframe connectors bolted on underneath. So, that likely contributes.

The ride quality, as one would expect with a lowered, sport suspension, is stiffer than stock. I’m 59 and pretty banged up body-wise, so it does sometimes bother me, but the driving experience more than makes up for it and once I hoist myself out of a lowered car like this (arthritis aside!), I’m smiling as it’s just what I was looking for!

No squeaks, rubbing or vibration issues and all parts fit perfectly.

I will add that I initially had 275/50x17’s on the rear but have gone to 275/40x17 instead only because I did not like the look of the wider profile tire in the rear, reminiscent of muscle cars of yore. I am now wondering if I should have stayed with the 50’s, which due to the higher profile had a tad better ride quality(and I don’t notice a difference in handling) in the rear than the 40’s and that lightweight rear end on the car. If I stay with the 40’s, I am looking into LRCA (lower rear control arms) with ride height adjustment feature to close the gap between the top of the rear tire and the wheel well. Maximum MotorSports has a nice set. upload_2020-11-26_9-0-4.jpeg

As for pictures, here’s what I took while the car was up on a lift getting gears in the rear end:

Attachments

• 0B8443E8-B85D-4B58-9110-DAF6BC18B3BB.jpeg
    0B8443E8-B85D-4B58-9110-DAF6BC18B3BB.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 19

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Daryl,
Thanks for the reply. Your back story resonates with me, which is why I am following your build updates. I am 65+ and also have been dealing with widespread arthritis since my 40s.
My 97 Cobra is still at stock height, but have been considering the various spring options for a modest lowering for much the same reasons as you have given. I won't hijack your thread with my own car's build questions.
Regarding your question about where to measure underneath, we are slightly different in where the pinch (scrape) point might be because of the different engines. In my case, my new pinch point is from the bottom of the bolt to the ground of my MM 4 point K member brace. This distance is similar to the lowest point of one of my cats.
Do you have any views of the car on the ground showing the new (reduced) fender gap?
InkedIMG_20190618_145650_LI.jpg

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hope these help. They’re pictures I have previously on my phone. I can take closer shots if it’d help more/ more what you’re after. Let me know.

we can also start a private conversation if you like

Tillerman77

Reaction score
Daryl,
Thanks, and other forum viewers will also appreciate current photos showing lowering springs on their cars.

TrickVert

Reaction score
Tillerman (and Daryl): Here's a side pic of my '95 on Eibach Pro-Kit springs with the same 275/40-17 tires (see, Daryl, I *told* you!). :)

Coupled with Tokico Illumina shocks, the ride is actually *better* than stock. NVH is improved with less "jarring" while being more controlled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
TrickVert,
Interesting. I ran Tokiko’s on a ‘92 Acura Integra “back in the day” and was not impressed. I’m sure they’ve improved lots since then and under a Mustang application vs the Integra, I would imagine their a better marriage.

You running them on all 4 corners?

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Daryl,
Thanks, and other forum viewers will also appreciate current photos showing lowering springs on their cars.
Waiting for Mr. Sun to come out so I can give you some pics. Won’t be long now and please excuse the filthy mess the car is. Been windy as heck here and today is wash day, finally!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online