Elrod's 5.0 Revival

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
My car is a 1994 Mustang GT, 5.0, originally an auto but has been swapped to a T5, black exterior and black leather interior.

I've owned the car since November 2012. It has underwent a ton of changes since then with many more still to come. Mods so far include:

Interior:
All black interior (plastic, seats and carpet)
Red Led lights in gauges and HVAC
Dual gauge pod gauge bezel with Auto-Meter Pro Comp Water temp and Oil pressure gauges
SVE Black Floor Mats
Front SVE S1 Racing seats from Late Model Restoration and rear black leather seats from a 97 Cobra
Black wrinkle finish Corbeau harness bar with red bolt-in Corbeau 4-point harnesses
Pioneer P4900IB CD player with Pioneer 6x8 replacement speakers

df95e9c7b54557d2925210e6a03f282c.jpg

45240b003ef3cf6070e560a7f9ed6f7b.jpg

ac808e7fbddfba7c832fe3ea471c3c80.jpg

Suspension & Brakes
Eibach Sportline Rear Springs, No ISO's
Tokico Illumina Shocks
SVE Tubular Upper and Steeda Aluminum Lower Rear Control Arms
Eibach Front and Rear Sway Bars
Maximum Motorsports Full-Length Subframe Connectors

MM Tubular K Member and A-Arms
Tokico Illumina Struts with MM Coil-over Kit 10" 325# springs
MM Caster Camber Plates
MM Aluminum Rack Bushings
Prothane Motor Mounts
MM Strut Tower Brace
New Power Steering Rack
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
97 Cobra Spindles

Cobra 13" Front Brakes
MM Stainless Brake Hoses
Stock GT Rear Brakes with New Rotors and Pads

953ab267926750cc3c2bbe0824361533.jpg

bad199f29f773997d66465aefea60af1.jpg

ab949b19cc94fa8ae0303d0e386fa68f.jpg

Exterior:
Smoked Clear Headlights and Corners
Smoked Clear Foglights
SVE 99-04 Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
SpecialCarbonFiber S281 wing
Black Coyote 5.0 Badges
5% tint on quarter windows and back glass, 20% on sides. Vinyl on dot matrix
18x9/10 Black FR500's with 255/35 Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR and 295/35 Nitto NT05's.

3e8339c6198c7ce848ba9af6d48c8fd9.jpg

7dc40799f3dd1f2f441b2275c4d7330f.jpg

Engine/Drivetrain:
Rebuilt Long Block, Bored 0.20" over --- (Will add build sheet when I find it)
Crane Energizer 1.7 Roller Rockers
Cobra Upper and Lower Intake, 65mm Throttle Body, Cobra MAF
Accell 24lb. Injectors
Custom Fender Well Cold Air Intake
MSD Cap & Rotor and Coil, Rich Porter Distributor
Ford Racing Plug Wires, Black
All New Sensors and Sending Units, Alternator and Battery
Complete Cooling System --- Water Pump, Hoses, Radiator and Thermostat
Smog Pump and EGR Delete

456f837f73ef4235a7ea60fb65f9b9a1.jpg

T5 swapped!
Ford Racing Clutch Fork, Pivot stud, Steel bearing retainer, TOB and pilot bearing.
Stiffler's Crossmember and Prothane Trans mount.
Ram HD Clutch
Maximum Motorsports clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster
MGW shifter with standard handle, Bullit 5 speed knob

Stock Driveshaft --- Hope to go aluminum in the future
Fox 8.8, rebuilt with Ford Racing 3.73's. Quad Shock Brackets Removed. Filled with Royal Purple

1e67fd4d2471975ad7c3c8692055149b.jpg

Exhaust:
Ford Racing Foxbody Shorty Headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, dual Magnapacks, 4" Stainless Magnaflow Tips stopping at the axles

8cccddd984be7622e52dbc9900ff6c17.jpg

[video=youtube_share;RHNG03tcJTk]http://youtu.be/RHNG03tcJTk[/video]

[video=youtube_share;7dFZZTlaM8g]http://youtu.be/7dFZZTlaM8g[/video]

Winter plans:
347 Stroker build in-progress
Shaved engine bay and wire tuck
New dif cover, extended wheel studs, rear brake upgrade

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
glad to have ya on board.
Looks like a good build so far. Take pics as you go. and get some up asap.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
sounds good man! welcome to the forum...cant wait to see pics. i know you have your hands full on that interior lol.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
My project actually started almost a year ago when I bought the car. The p.o. brought it to my house to have a friend change the head gaskets, which never happened. It set up for nearly two years with the top end completely torn apart. I got ahold of the car for $500 and went to work right away. The inside was full of trash, and the leather seats were torn from having parts sitting in them in the cold and heat for two years. Skip forward to February of this year, the motor came out to have the cylinders honed and have all bearings and seals replaced as well as a valve job. The torn seats were replaced with identical black leather seats from a 97 Cobra, the car is sitting on 17" Bullit wheels...245/45 front and 275/40 rear.

Skip forward to last Friday...picked up the rebuilt motor from the machine shop (took so long because I couldn't make up my mind on what direction I wanted to go with it). Wound up having to be bored .20" over but it's as good as new now! Got the motor bolted back in last weekend, and during the course of the week I've been ordering misc. parts and painting all of my brackets and accessories while slowly putting the rest back together piece by piece. I'll be working on it more during the evenings after work and posting pictures as I go.

jwhisl

Reaction score
Good to see another 94 gt on board! Cant wait to see some pics and I bet you cant wait to hear it run!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Here's a few pics to get started (if I post this correctly). More will follow I promise!

null_zps0046a996.jpg
[/URL]

null_zpsa92c6aee.jpg
[/URL]

null_zps6e20fb4f.jpg
[/URL]

null_zpsf1de73ce.jpg
[/URL]

First time I've posted photos to a forum so if they don't show up someone please correct me haha!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right on dude . Good to have you over here. The car looks like it's coming along nicely

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Ok more pics as promised!

null_zpsc1e8b938.jpg
Currently about to torque the intake down and then get under neath to finish the motor mounts and everything else down below.

null_zps26f9cdde.jpg
Fresh new headlights and a glimpse of the paint that is badly faded.

null_zps553d429b.jpg
The interior is a little dusty from sitting in the shop. Aside from two splits in the top of the dash everything else is fine after a good cleaning and vacuuming.

null_zps5f573535.jpg

null_zps1251f548.jpg

null_zps8757fa13.jpg

null_zpsc9037fc2.jpg

null_zpsc85eb20f.jpg
The transmission line I snapped off removing the radiator...PITA!

null_zps87d90da1.jpg
All the shiny new motor and ugly 20 year old engine bay.

I'll be working on it more during the evenings this week and keep progress updated! It's hard to stay patient when I've had this thing a year now and have never heard it run but I am anxiously awaiting that day!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Ran into a problem last night...my plan was to get my torque converter bolted up, but found out that the motor was in some sort of a bind and wouldn't turn over at all. Wound up having to pull the motor completely back out and make sure the torque converter was all the way on the shaft. After struggling to get the motor bolted back up to the transmission we realized that the bolts in the converter and the flex plate weren't lined up and we can't get the converter to turn at all. So probably Wednesday the motor will be coming back out just far enough to get the bolts lined up then hopefully back together for a very long time. Still waiting on my radiator and hoses, getting my transmission cooler li es and a few sets of bolts or various things anyway so no choice but to just be patient and hope I don't run into any other problems. Everything seems to be going pretty well considering I've only worked on one other engine which was the 4.9 in my 93 F-150.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Update: Got my situation with the torque converter resolved tonite. Also got the motor mounts tightened up and the starter in. I have a kind of dumb question now...the engine and everything under the hood was mostly torn apart already whenever I started working on the car, and my question is about the wiring harness that runs to the starter. I assume that the brackets are supposed to mount underneath the motor mounts on the studs out of the bolts...but is the harness supposed to start at the front of the oil pan facing back toward the firewall or go behind the motor and face the front of the car? I'm thinking it starts at the front and goes toward the firewall but just want to ask some people who have worked on these cars more than i have. Appreciate any help!

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I'm trying to do my best at making everything under the hood look as new as possible without completely tearing every single thing out. Spent a little time today redoing the wire loom and retaping my harnesses. Little details make a big difference.

null_zps9ab644ba.jpg
Before

null_zps9164f99b.jpg
After almost a full roll of 33...provided by my employer. Lol

jwhisl

Reaction score
I'm trying to do my best at making everything under the hood look as new as possible without completely tearing every single thing out. Spent a little time today redoing the wire loom and retaping my harnesses. Little details make a big difference.

null_zps9ab644ba.jpg
Before

null_zps9164f99b.jpg
After almost a full roll of 33...provided by my employer. Lol

Looking good! I did that with a bunch of my wiring. Makes a huge difference. I don't know if you have ace hardware by you but they sell large rolls of electrical tape for a good price. I used a roll on just my dash wiring.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Time for an update! New radiator, all hoses, alternator and doing a lot of cleanup/repainting! I've been trying to take it slow but my patience won't let me, I'm ready to fire this thing up!

null_zps590d736e.jpg

Distributor before:
null_zpsa36edf43.jpg

After:
null_zps76b65161.jpg

Electric fan and shroud:
null_zpsc0fed1d0.jpg

Tinkering around with the idea of leaving the spoiler off for right now as long as I have the Bullit wheels...I know it'll look tons better once we lower it too!
null_zpsb50fba60.jpg

null_zps1fc09d49.jpg

Last but not least, my other project that is being neglected:
93 F-150 4.9 5spd: Belltech 5/7...Cervinni's Ram Air hood...Carriage Works Billet Grille...roll pan and smooth front bumper with fog lights and a set of 18x9.5 original SVT lightning wheels waiting to go on.....and in desperate need of a coyote swap!! (My dream/goal)
null_zpsc2674bf9.jpg

null_zps41265b15.jpg

Thanks to anyone who's checked this out and appreciate any help on my two questions!!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
great updates man! That engine harness looks worlds better. lol.

and as F-bomb said, some of your pics are duplicates :)

whats next on the list?

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Noticed that as soon as I posted it. It's fixed now sorry guys! Really all I have left is getting a belt and getting the distributor in, plug wires and getting my exhaust bolted up then I should be ready. I may actually fire it up before I get my exhaust under it though. The exhaust by the way is off my friends fox: stock h-pipe, 2 magnapacks with 4" magnaflow tips welded straight to the case of the mufflers that stop just before the axle. That setup sounded amazing on his fox! Long term plans for the car is a fresh paint job, a set of 18x10/9 FR500's and a saleen spoiler and then maybe a new top end way down the road.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
You might need to do some bending and cutting to get the fox mid pipe to fit.
The fox headers come out in a different place than the Sn's do.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
You might need to do some bending and cutting to get the fox mid pipe to fit.
The fox headers come out in a different place than the Sn's do.

Yea I figured I would have to do a little modifying to make it work but the good thing is the guy who I'm getting the exhaust from has a brother who's gonna help build my exhaust so I'll atleast save money from going to an exhaust shop to get it done! I'm actually running the same shorty headers that came off his fox so there may not be too much modifying to do at all, we'll find out soon enough though lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online