Emisions Crap on a 5.0

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 95KBGT, Feb 19, 2007.

1. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

So i think my smog pump? is going out. if your looking at the motor its the bottom left pulley and pump. I also have all that pipe crap and the little pipe that goes down to my x pipe. can i remove this and still pass inspection? I would like to do away with it, just not sure if there is a delete kit to take its place.

2. Eastcoast5.0

Eastcoast5.0 Member

....does your state do emmisions testing for OBDI cars ('95 and older)?? Yes they do make a delete kit, but if you still have cats then it's pointless.

3. *angiestars*

*angiestars* Member

Yeah, it sucks.

I bypassed it, but I also say that I live at my sister's in the non-emissions county of Bastrop, TX :angel:

4. 95KBGT

95KBGT Legend

yes they will put my car on the dyno, but i am a state inspector. ;D i just didnt know if there was a way i could just delete that damn pump and pulley, and be ok

5. Eastcoast5.0

Eastcoast5.0 Member

You could always try it, but like I said there's no point of deleting the smog stuff if you still have cats on the car (the cats use it to heat up/burn away emissions.)

Just put another car on the dyno instead of yours when u do the sticker.

6. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

I'm looking at doing this, our emmisions are not that strict, [most testers have never seen a smog pump ;) ] so after getting a smog delete pulley, and plugging the pipes to the back of the heads, and probably ditching the cats, i assume this will bring on the check light, and how will it affect the driveability ie the engine management?
    If its going to create too much hassle i will leave it alone.

7. Eastcoast5.0

Eastcoast5.0 Member

If you plug everything properly it shouldn't be an issue. My buddy did it on his 95 a few years back, no problems. You'll want to get rid of the check engine light though, especially for inspections.

8. Green 94 331

Green 94 331 New Member

if i remember correctly, (going back 5 or so years) removing the smog didnt cause a cel. as long as everything is plugged so you have no vacuum leaks you should be fine.

9. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Removing the smog pump and its shit will not cause a light BUT ditching the EGR will.