Emisions Crap on a 5.0

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
So i think my smog pump? is going out. if your looking at the motor its the bottom left pulley and pump. I also have all that pipe crap and the little pipe that goes down to my x pipe. can i remove this and still pass inspection? I would like to do away with it, just not sure if there is a delete kit to take its place.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
....does your state do emmisions testing for OBDI cars ('95 and older)?? Yes they do make a delete kit, but if you still have cats then it's pointless.

ANG

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
....does your state do emmisions testing for OBDI cars ('95 and older)?? Yes they do make a delete kit, but if you still have cats then it's pointless.
Yeah, it sucks.

I bypassed it, but I also say that I live at my sister's in the non-emissions county of Bastrop, TX :angel:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
yes they will put my car on the dyno, but i am a state inspector. ;D i just didnt know if there was a way i could just delete that damn pump and pulley, and be ok

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
You could always try it, but like I said there's no point of deleting the smog stuff if you still have cats on the car (the cats use it to heat up/burn away emissions.)

Just put another car on the dyno instead of yours when u do the sticker.

95-stang

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing this, our emmisions are not that strict, [most testers have never seen a smog pump ;) ] so after getting a smog delete pulley, and plugging the pipes to the back of the heads, and probably ditching the cats, i assume this will bring on the check light, and how will it affect the driveability ie the engine management?
If its going to create too much hassle i will leave it alone.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
95-stang said:
I'm looking at doing this, our emmisions are not that strict, [most testers have never seen a smog pump ;) ] so after getting a smog delete pulley, and plugging the pipes to the back of the heads, and probably ditching the cats, i assume this will bring on the check light, and how will it affect the driveability ie the engine management?
If you plug everything properly it shouldn't be an issue. My buddy did it on his 95 a few years back, no problems. You'll want to get rid of the check engine light though, especially for inspections.

Green 94 331

Reaction score
Eastcoast5.0 said:
95-stang said:
If you plug everything properly it shouldn't be an issue. My buddy did it on his 95 a few years back, no problems. You'll want to get rid of the check engine light though, especially for inspections.
if i remember correctly, (going back 5 or so years) removing the smog didnt cause a cel. as long as everything is plugged so you have no vacuum leaks you should be fine.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Removing the smog pump and its shit will not cause a light BUT ditching the EGR will.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online