Enclosed trailer remodel..

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Picked up a 2006 8.5'X24' Continental Cargo enclosed trailer about a month ago. Wasnt a 100% perfect trailer, however for the price it was a good deal.
13094996205_8f834b4aa0.jpg

The interior wasn't horrible, but needed some TLC for sure!
13095129053_5c216035df.jpg

Ended up having to replace the wood on the back door with some nice new 3/4" ply so the first step was stripping off the old wood.
13095132313_6718121dc0.jpg

After that we cleaned off the rust and gave it a coat of black Rustoleum spray paint.
13095356554_8d78ae931f.jpg

Now for the big job, sanding the interior wood.... Took me damn near two weeks, 10 sand paper disks, and tons of ibuprofen for a sore back. It ended up making a huge difference and giving us a nice surface for adhesive to stick to.
13095052435_3fe87ee0ff.jpg

The few dark spots that were left probably would not have caused any issue however we felt that a little bit of primer meant to cover oily surfaces would give some piece of mind that the adhesive would stick. At the same time we cut and mounted the new wood for the back door.
13095358634_d3a724d4e2.jpg

With the big work done its time for wiring... Going to use a 30amp rv power inlet to bring power in from a generator into a breaker box. from there it will power 10 power outlets, 6 fluorescent lights up in the ceiling, and a small flatscreen tv up in the V-nose section to keep the girlfriend entertained at the track.
13095101965_f27f1d2f33.jpg

The lights and power inlet are currently being shipped. We also have a roll of rubber coin pattern flooring with industrial grade adhesive that will go on the floor once the wiring, walls, and ceiling are done. Some white luan sheeting will go over top of the existing plywood with some aluminum strips to hide the seams. Once all of that is in the final touch will be to put two 16" wide diamond plate runners on the floor from the edge of the door up to the front set of D-rings for the car to park on.

Should end up being a pretty awesome little hangout spot and toy hauler for going to events at the track. I am hoping to have it done before picking up the car so it should only be another month or so until it is finished. I'll keep the progress pics coming!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Thank you sir! Whenever I'm out at Orlando Speed World any of the local members a free to stop by and chill. I'm sure I'll always have plenty of booze on board for some after racing festivities hah

No problem. Too bad I'm like 3000 miles away haha

OP
OP
G

GenevaStang

Reaction score
No problem. Too bad I'm like 3000 miles away haha
I saw that hah, I don't think I've actually met any of the local members from here. I know Ryan Jolly (Atlanticblue98) I think thats his name on here but nobody other than that.

RichV

Reaction score
Insulate! Walls, floor, and ceiling. Makes a huge difference in the heat. Mine stays sooo much cooler than other trailers in the heat.

OP
OP
G

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Insulate! Walls, floor, and ceiling. Makes a huge difference in the heat. Mine stays sooo much cooler than other trailers in the heat.
The plan was to insulate the roof for sure. Didn't plan on stripping walls and floors to insulate all that though.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Nice score how much? I'm looking for a trailer myself. Kinda planning now for the big move so not sure if I want an inclosed or flat bed?

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice. I'm curious how much you got it for too. I'm looking for something like this that I can pull behind the F350.

OP
OP
G

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Nice score how much? I'm looking for a trailer myself. Kinda planning now for the big move so not sure if I want an inclosed or flat bed?

If ya need and vinyl decals for it? Keep me in mind!

Very nice. I'm curious how much you got it for too. I'm looking for something like this that I can pull behind the F350.

I picked it up for 3800 and with only doing the back door wood it could have been a perfect trailer.. But, What is worth doing is worth over doing lol. I can tell you that after many a long day at the track with only a flat bed trailer, I would not go any other route than an enclosed. Just the fact of having an easy place to get out of the sun is enough but it really is far more convenient than having to fit everything in the truck and then work on the car outside in the dirt if theres a problem. I also may be interested in a vinyl decal for the back so some info on what you can do would be awesome!

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Thank you sir! Whenever I'm out at Orlando Speed World any of the local members a free to stop by and chill. I'm sure I'll always have plenty of booze on board for some after racing festivities hah

I'll have to remember this next time i'm at OSW, i live off Lake Pickett lol.

I saw that hah, I don't think I've actually met any of the local members from here. I know Ryan Jolly (Atlanticblue98) I think thats his name on here but nobody other than that.

He actually sold his broken Cobra today, wrecker came and picked it up.

OP
OP
G

GenevaStang

Reaction score
I'll have to remember this next time i'm at OSW, i live off Lake Pickett lol.

He actually sold his broken Cobra today, wrecker came and picked it up.

I'll make sure to let you know when I get out there. Should only be a few more months till the car is back from profab. I saw on facebook that it was up on a flatbed today. Seems like its been there
more than on the road the last year or two lol.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
get enough stickers on there so I recognize it and I'll stop in for sure ;p

OP
OP
G

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Just got 6 of these bad boys in today.
13136492804_5f867ec80d.jpg

Started to drill holes and mount electrical boxes last night and we hope to have everything in, wired, and being tested by sunday!! Lots of progress coming soon.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sweet man, I'm probably headed to Tampa this weekend, otherwise I'd be down to lend a hand!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online