Energy Suspension Transmission mount

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question about Poly Trans mounts. Before my motor swap my car had stock motor mounts and an Energy Suspension Trans Mount, and I would notice a vibration around 3K and up and always chalked it up to one of my motor mounts being busted because the rubber was separating on the driver side motor mount.

Well since my motor swap I used new Energy Suspension Motor Mounts and a new Energy Suspension Trans Mount. I still have the vibration around 3k and it happens both with the clutch in and out, and at a stop or rolling. Everything on the new motor has been replaced, like the balancer, and the flywheel was resurfaced and everything was balanced with the motor so for now I'm ruling that out. I've read some threads on other forums were people do not like the poly trans mounts for the 94-95 cars because they are more sensitive to vibration due to the cross member not having bushings like fox body cars.

Is there any truth to this and has anyone else experienced anything like this? Once again I can't see it being the motor (not saying it isn't) but it runs strong and I don't hear any noises other than my stud mount rocker arms. I was going to check and make sure nothing was binding up motor and tranny wise, and maybe replace the poly mount with a stock one to see how that works. I mostly feel the vibration in my seat which makes me think it's more transmission related. It also might just be normal vibration from stiffer mounts and I'm just paranoid, but I figured I would get more input from you guys & gals. Thanks in advance!

Rallim

Reaction score
I've had no problems with mine. If anything it got rid of some of my vibration, but my old mount was torn in half when I pulled it out.

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Hey man thanks for the reply, do you get much feedback from the motor/trans in terms of vibration still? Just trying to gauge how much is normal and whats not normal. lol Nice drift pic btw.

RichV

Reaction score
You need to be more specific.

Is the vibration with RPM? Or speed?

Does it go away? Or just constant?

If it was there with all the old stuff, it is not a result of the new. It can be driveshaft, rear end, wheels/tires, maybe even engine related.

chris91

Reaction score
Did you mark the driveshaft before you took it out? Heard of people clocking their driveshaft and it took care of the vibrations. Worth a shot and its free to try! :D

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
Sorry yea it is rpm related because when I'm sitting still and just rev it I feel a little bit of a vib at and after 3k rpm. I was wondering if it was just maybe the stiffer mounts or I was going to make sure the motor and trans is settled in and not in a bind. Also might put the trans out and make sure I didn't mess up the pilot bearing when installing the trans. It went in smooth until about the last 1/4" and we snugged the bolts up to pull it in the rest of the way which looking back was a bad idea, but it was a learning experience so yea don't judge lol.

Rallim

Reaction score
My car vibrates a bit at idle, but thats more just a shit idle, it goes away when driving so not from my mount at least. I didn't clock the driveshaft, I just dropped the crossmember, swapped mounts, put it back in. And thanks haha

Kboss87

Reaction score
I had solid steel motor mounts and the stock trans mount for about 4 months; this gave very minimal vibrations. Once I did my T56 Magnum swap, I put in a poly trans mount. I now get an rpm controlled vibration beginning at 3k rpms and up. Poly is very stiff and will transmit vibrations inside the car.

As long as what you have is rpm controlled vs speed controlled, you're fine.

You can always try swapping back in a stock rubber style one. Advance has them for like 25 bucks I believe.

OP
OP
furiouslyfaster

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
It was for sure RPM related and started around 3k and last night I did put in a stock Trans Mount and guess what..... It's as smooth as butter now. I knew I would feel the motor and drivetrain more with stiffer mounts but I didn't think it would be that much. Needless to say I am sticking with the stock. My car is by no means a race car so it's not like i will really need and upgraded trans mount, but thanks for the help guys. Glad I got this figured out. Now I can focus more on doing fun stuff to the car, because I was really getting bummed out thinking something bad was about to happen to the car, but that's just me being paranoid.

I told my wife sometimes when you google car related stuff when you have a problem, it's like going to webmd when you have a cough it can sometimes blow things out of proportion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online