engine bay cleaning up help ???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by xs man 27, Feb 16, 2014.

1. xs man 27

xs man 27 Active Member

hey guys I m looking to clean up my engine bay this coming spring once the weather breaks here on the east coast.. I was wondering if anyone knows a good website to get the engine bay wire loom for cheap ? the more I look at my engine bay the more I see the my old wire loom all faded and cracking and doesn't look to appealing,, I wanna clean up the engine bay and than put all new plain black wire loom. can anyone help me where they got there loom from and what size you got . also for anyone that did replace there wire loom if they took out the old one n replaced it or just put the new loom over the old one ? thanks for all help

2. MustangChris

MustangChris Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281080610807?lpid=82

The PE is the stuff you want to go with. it lasts longer, fades slower, and is harder to crack. Use quality electrical tape, too. None of that "Buy 10,000 rolls for $0.49" harbor freight junk.

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

if you want to clean things up a lot and make them better protected check out a product called tech flex. They make it in any color/width and it lasts 10x longer then the loom while protecting it better.

4. xs man 27

xs man 27 Active Member

anybody have pics of there engine bays with tech flex tubing ? do you cut it in the middle and slip it over the wires or wire loom ? thank you for replys

5. 95opal

95opal Well-Known Member

Do a wire tuck and you wont have to worry about the faded loom lol

6. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

^ Truth

Sent from Space

7. ttocs

ttocs Legend

They make it split down the middle, or at the ends. Use some heatshrink on the ends and it looks really nice.

8. Steve-Oh

Steve-Oh Legend

But to contribute to the topic I ordered my various "convoluted tubing" (search that instead of "wire loom") from Summit. And make sure when getting the electrical tape to be mindful of the thickness of the tape. I know Home Depot sells the thicker stuff alongside the thinner, the thinner tape is much easier to wrap with and makes for a better result.

[​IMG]

Sent from Space