Engine DIED and now is will NOT start

95_GTS

Reaction score
Within a 350 mile trip, she died multiple times and I was able to get her started. Then she finally died one last time and no she won't start. No codes, and the fuel pump primes as normal. What do you all think the problem is?

FYI: 95 GTS with 116k on the clock

Thanks in advance,
95_GTS

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Get a new distributor. Common problem in our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95_GTS

95_GTS

Reaction score
Update: Replaced the TFI Module, Dizzy, and the Fuel Pump. Only cranks and still won't start. Any ideas?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Check the harness connector for the ignition coil!! Back when I still had the 302, one of the pins somehow lost connection with the coil even though it was seemingly securely connected. That was enough to kill the car and prevent restarting it. After it finally started. I figured it out after tugging on all of the connections (professional electrical troubleshooting LOL) and it died instantly when I wiggled it. Removed the connector and the pin would slide around freely in the connector.

Not good!!

To fix that, I removed the pin from the connector and squeezed it back into shape with needle nose pliers. If I were to do it again, I’d cut the old one off and solder/heat shrink a new one in its place.

upload_2020-7-1_20-24-30.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online