Engine Problem? Idk

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys, yeah so today my check engine light came on and it was a code about the idle control sensor or something like that. So i go up to the ford dealership to see what it actually was but they couldnt get me in today. so im leaving and the light goes off after being on since about noon today... ill still get that checked out..

butttt heres my main problem, I just did the oil change about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Motorcraft oil filter and valvoline synthetic oil, i put 5 or 6 quarts in. well after driving it about 700 miles i would say, i checked the oil today and the thing was almost empty!! this is the second time this has happend, the car does not smoke even when i rev it up to about 6k rpm.. there are nooo oil marks on the ground and no signs of leaks ne where. I have noooooooo clue what the deal is. Im going to get that checked out at the ford dealership on saturday, does anyone know what could be the problem here??

and last thing, i was just experimenting with my car and i got on it pretty hard, 1st gear and shifted to 2nd at about 6500 rpm (stock computer, engine).. is there a rev limiter on my car and when does it kick in? because at 6500, my car just stopped going.. it was like i went from 1st to 5th gear.. i dont know much about the technical side of cars yet, im learning as i go.. and im very anal about my car and want to make sure everything is ok.. also, do your guys' cars seem slower after driving them for about 2 months? because when i first got it, man was it fast but now it just feels slow.... like realll slow.

jareds98gt

Reaction score
I have that same problem with my dipstick. but im no out of oil and my oil pressure is always where it should be. i believe theres a fuel shut off when you get the rpms that high. and my car does feel slower than when i first got it, but thats why im saving my money. ;D

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah my dad called the local ford dealership and gave them the part number for my dipstick. we thought that maybe it was a different dipstick for a different car but the part number said it was for a 98 cobra. so idk. im taking it up to the dealership tomorrow and dropping it off i believe so i can find out where my oil is going. i better have it back by tomorrow! i cant stand driving a different car ne more, i have to have MYYY CAR!

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I got my car, I thought holy shit this thing flies. But then after a while it felt like it slowed down. It is not that the car is actually slowing down, it is you getting used to the power.

I went from driving an 01 Windstar everyday to the Cobra, so the difference in power was huge.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah for the first year of having my license, i drove my dads Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab (no hemi or ne thing special).. then i got my cobra and i was like! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGG WEEEEEE! and now i give it like some major gas and im like.. wtf :lame:.... its not even funny how slow it feels.. im glad its not the car though. im taking it tomorrow morning to see where all my oil is going.. hopefully there is nothing major.

edit :: my oil pressure is at the same level too all the time and it doesnt smoke out the back when i get on it and it doesnt leak (no spots on the ground).. i have noooooooo clue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online