Engine Rebuild: Any good rebuild kits out there?

kenny150r

Reaction score
Hi. I finally got all the parts needed to pi swap my 98 gt. However, everyone and their mother has been telling me that I should rebuild the bottom end of my 130,000 engine in order to keep up with the extra power. So, keeping in mind I'm not planning on going anywhere close to 400hp in the near future, are there any good, cheap rebuild kits for the 4.6?

I'll make sure to start a build thread soon!

PS if anybody knows of a reputable machine shop around Las Vegas, let me know!

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Well I would call up Modmax and see what they have

They have forged I beams for$ 245, I think they even come with ARP rod bolts. Main and rod bearings for ~75 each set..... pistons are the expensive part anything worth your time will be +$480.... cheapest forged ones were DSS racing and probe. New piston rings. Factor in new jack screws ~$60, main bolts ARP or factory.

Do not reuse main/rod bolts or jack screws.

Open up your oil pump and take a look.... maybe upgrade to a cobra pick up tube ($25)

Overall I think your bottom end is fine as is..... spend the money else where.... if you never plan on going for a lot of power the only thing you get is a fresh motor. But fresh motor fail too though.

The D3V

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Like dev said ... I wouldn't bother rebuilding it ... The miles on it aren't even that high yet . Throw the pi swap on with some cams if you can afford em and some long tubes and go have loads of fun for a couple years ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.