engine rebuild questions 95 cobra

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
as the title suggests im thinking about rebuilding my stock engine. its approaching 200,000+ and most everything else on the car has replaced or rebuilt over the past 5 years. ive noticed a small drop in power/gas mileage. so im thinking rebuild. heres how.
for a while ive been considering the trickflow topend kit and having the block machined. forged bottom end.

But! now im thinking that i can save a bit of money & I like my cobra intake. I can have it port matched for a set of trick flow or Ford racing heads(GT40X). forged bottom end and bore the block .30 over with a custom cam and tune will cost about the same as the topend kit and make similar power..?

Win

Legend
Reaction score
If your going to spend all that money on the gt40x heads and porting and all get some dart pro or Brodix heads. Also you don't have to bore out your block unless it's damaged. You can just simply go with a stroker kit.

410sn95

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't invest in a forged bottom end unless your getting an aftermarket block. You can split the block any number of ways before you have problems with the stock internals.

You already have a Cobra top end. Freshen the bottom end up, Go through the top end to make sure all is good, throw some boost at it and let er' rip. Best bang for buck.

ohhh and it goes without saying, get a good tune...

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
id like to keep this car N/A. no boost all engine. id like to make 340ish. lets say i go with a 331 stroker kit and some heads, custom cam and a tune. will i be close? any suggestions on heads? something with good flow around 1,200-1,500 $$ range. AND maybe i should mention its my daily driver.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010