Engine Rebuild

Discussion in '96-04 - 2V Specific' started by Mastayugi91, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Mastayugi91

Mastayugi91 New Member

Guys I recently decided to do an engine rebuild because my motor died on me. The only problem is I have no experience with something so difficult. I was wondering if you guys can tell me what parts and brands I should use if I want to rebuild my 4.6. Additionally, Im aiming for a 1000hp motor but I'll run it around 600hp just to be safe and not blow it. By the way it's a 2000 Mustang Gt. Thanks

2. Witzy0070

Witzy0070 Active Member

If this is very difficult for you and 600+ horsepower is your goal you're in for a world of wallet cramps.

ARP guts and forced induction.

3. lwarrior1016

lwarrior1016 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Alright man, I'll be the first to break it to you. 1000hp is no easy task, and it takes much more than just the engine to do it. You will have to have all supporting mods done; chassis, roll cage, suspension, rear end, transmission, HUGE supporting fuel system, the list goes on. Then not to mention, the amount of money it will take to bring a 2v to 1000hp. Now don't take this as me saying not to do it because I would love to see the build up on it. I just don't think a build like that should be your first engine rebuild, I'm not saying you aren't calable, I just want you to think about what you are getting in to. Then I have to ask, why 1000hp? Have you ever ridden in a 600-700hp mustang? A lot of the guys here can guide you into that. Don't go into it thinking you will get away with a $2k build either. Make sure to have the checkbook ready, and make sure it's deep, you'll need it lol. Anyway, good luck with the project though. When you start the build, be sure to make a thread in the build ups section. :thumbsup:

4. 96blak54

96blak54 Legend

A+ info right there ^

Every aspect of the car will need to be uninstalled and replaced with aftermarket high dollar components. ...JUST to handle 1000hp