ENGINE RESTORE

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have, I can't say I noticed a difference, but it never hurt anything either.

steedastang

Reaction score
all it is is really thick oil. It temporarly restores compression because of this. It doesnt repair anything.

ripper

Reaction score
According to there ad it has an additive that repairs scratches in the cylinder walls thus eliminating blow by.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
It works if you use it every oil change. Otherwise the car will start smoking again, and it does nothing for worn valve seals/guides only cylinder wall imperfections.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't know how it works, but i had a 1989 Dodge Colt that i could not get through inspection due to smoke. I put that stuff in and the smoke went away and it had a bit more pep to it. At about 2500 miles the smoke would come back, So I knew it was time for an oil change.

ripper

Reaction score
HOW DOES RESTORE WORK?
RESTORE is the only product that contains the proprietary CSL formula. This technologically advanced formulation has unique properties that actually fill in and seal micro-leaks in the cylinder wall. The result is increased engine compression and more engine power.

??? Must be a top secret formula. Kinda like Bush's Beans. ^-^

S

scarface

bush's beans ???
BushBeans.jpg

svtcobraman

Reaction score
Stevo said:
Must be a Yankee thing ;)

:nonono: My ass!! That commercial airs here in the great state of Texas. Good beans if I might add.

As far as the engine restore...I used something similar (Seafoam). It dislodged some carbon buildup and got stuck on a valve in the passenger head. Sounded like a damn diesel truck. Scared the living hell out of me. Kept reving the motor and it passed thru. So be careful of "chemical cleaners". Just my $.02

ripper

Reaction score
I have heard the seafoam horror stories. Unless you use it from the start on a new vehicle and on a regular basis stay away from it.

ps Had some bushes beans for lunch. Gonna get evn with the wife for makin me go to her family reunion instead of a local stang cruise yesterday ;)

Svtstrikesback

Reaction score
I personaly think I would stay away from this stuff. I am VERY attentive to how my engine acts and behaves whenever I change something, and it seemed a little more sluggish after I put this stuff in it, a LONG time ago. There was something else that went wrong arounf the time I put it in, but I can't remember what it was. I don't know why anyone would use this stuff when synthetic oil is out there. I used Mobil 1 since the engine had about 30k on it, and when it crapped out at 154k (long story) I had it rebuilt. The builder said my engine looked better than many engines he had seen with less than 30k on them. He said the bearings were still shiny, and everything internaly was fine with the motor. He said it even still had the factory cross hatching on the cylinder walls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx