Engine Squeak 94 5.0

Dudeguysn95

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a problem with my 94 GT. Theres a random squeak that comes at random times and it comes from the front of the engine, I've changed the belt, tensioner pulley, and idler pulley and it did nothing. Please help me out thanks.

Btw I have an exedy mach 350 stage 1 clutch and SR Performance adjustable clutch cable and firewall adjuster, other than that its bone stock.

toyman

Reaction score
Remove the belt and spin by hand every pulley. They should all rotate smoothly. If one seems to grab it's likely the bearings on that accessory causing the squeak.

red94

Reaction score
Yeah i could be any of the accessories, idlers, or the tensioner itself.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've had the bushings in the dizzy squeak before. While the car is running and squeaking give a little push on the dizzy fwd, back, side to side. If the squeak changes or goes away...that's you problem.
BTW you'll find out real quick if the spark plug wires are bad.

95opal

Reaction score
I've had the bushings in the dizzy squeak before. While the car is running and squeaking give a little push on the dizzy fwd, back, side to side. If the squeak changes or goes away...that's you problem.

/\ this

OP
OP
D

Dudeguysn95

Reaction score

So if it does go away should I change the distributor, the sparkplug wires, the spark plugs, or all of that together?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online