Engine stalls.

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by 95-stang, Jun 11, 2007.

1. 95-stang

95-stang Well-Known Member

Car was running fine until i fitted the new parts, the Ford racing 65mm throttle body has been used, the MAC cold air intake was unused.
    The car starts and idles fine, but mainly [like about 75 - 85%] it stalls as soon as you put it in drive or reverse it just dies, no erratic tickover, just instant silence. I tried cleaning the IAC, but its made no difference, i tried disconnecting the battery, [flashed + to - ] and it was ok when i went out, next day, its stalling again, any ideas what to try?
    BTW it drives perfectly, if i stop at the lights, leave it in drive, it idles fine. But its left me not wanting to put it in neutral anywhere, in case when i shift back it croaks. :(

2. ga94gt

ga94gt Active Member

I had that problem with mine when I put my TB on. When I ajusted the TPS I didn't have the problem again.

3. bybyz06

bybyz06 New Member

+1

Make sure your TPS at idle is approximately 1v. Sometimes when you swap a TB the TP can drop really low - like .65, or the other direction (> 1V), and your idle air control will go out of whack.

4. 95-stang

Thanks for the pointers. O0

5. swtlei4u

swtlei4u New Member

i had the same problem when i installed my cobra intake w/ extrude hone and e303 cam and performer heads w/ 30lbs injectors. the culprit was the torque converter. not enough stall.

6. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

+1

7. 95-stang

Oh well, if i give it a few rpm its fine, once ity warms up it does'nt happen. :)
    Thanks.