engine stand?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am quickly finishing up on the outside of the car and need too start thinking about what I need under the hood. I need to pull the motor and store it/move around and probably paint it on as well while I finish the engine bay and paint it. I saw a thing on the power block where they made a stand and have not issues firing the welder up to make one but would like to have it ready for when the motor is pulled out. Anyone know what measurements are needed to make a motor stand or know of a good/cheap stand to buy? Its an old pushrod for anyone that doesn't know

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I had a cheap bolt get mixed in my grade 8s almost lost an engine block!!!!!

I found my stand on CL for 20$

The D3V

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Want to build a stand like this?

Sorry, not great pictures of the stand. The second pic shows how it attaches to the back.
FVscrlGl.jpg

B2IZW9Bl.jpg

My dad built his a long time ago, works great. Really nice to work on.

If you don't mind waiting til the weekend I can try to find it and take pictures? Should be in the shed/garage I imagine, maybe at the farm. But can't be far.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Probably cheaper to buy one than to build one. The Harbor Freight stand is fine, so long as you are not putting a fully dressed big block on it.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Got two Harbor Freight stands, pretty basic and def cheap enough to save the headache of trying to make one. But if you have the scrap metal laying around, it would be easy. Best bet would be to trace out the bellhousing and mark the bolt holes on it an just build a square frame and and arm up, throw some casters on it.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not opposed to building a stand necessarily as I could use the practice welding still, just not sure how much its worth after time/materials....

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I think it was about $60 for the stand Scott. That leaves it up to you whether or not you want to spend the money on it or spend the money on materials and make your own. The cool factor would definitely be there for building your own tho

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I guess it depends on how long it takes me to get some people together to take it out. Never done it myself before so I have asked a couple of people for a hand. If they can do it this weekend I will buy it if it takes a little longer I will make it...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010