ENGINE SWAP????????

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I WAS WONDERING IF I WOULD HAVE TO DO ANY MODS TO THE MOTOR MOUNTS TO DO A 302 OR 351 SWAP ON MY 97 GT, DONT GET ME WRONG , I LIKE THE 4.6 . i WOULD JUST LIKE TO GO WITH A BIGGER ENGINE(MORE PONIES) . WELL THANKS FOR ANY INPUT GUYS.

97vertstang

Reaction score
ur better off buying a 94-95 gt than converting urs to a 5.0. u would need to switch ur k-member and all the wiring is different.too much work, too much hassle. do a pi swap instead, or if u really want a pushrod motor, look for a 94-95.

S

scarface

just change the Kmember, and go carb. if you are stuck on a pushrod engine

myillwillinc

Reaction score
do like i did, go with a 5.4. i gained almost 90 ft pounds of tq at the wheels...

CanaryGT

Reaction score
97vertstang said:
ur better off buying a 94-95 gt than converting urs to a 5.0. u would need to switch ur k-member and all the wiring is different.too much work, too much hassle. do a pi swap instead, or if u really want a pushrod motor, look for a 94-95.

+1

Unless Your Going To Make It A 351....

myillwillinc

Reaction score
no tthe best pic, but i'll find a better one.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
at one point i had thought about dropping in a Terminator motor but after reveiwing the actual costs, i decided that i couldn't afford it. i'll probably just stick with mods to this motor.

G

GREG@SN95

if i were you i'd keep the 4.6 block... save you a headache...

find a 4V motor...

a pushrod engine will be a bit of work... won't be too bad... pushrod will lose some weight.... and is cheap to mod...

but ya'll need new to modify some stuff under the hood... so if you are good a welding and modify metal then go for it

G

GREG@SN95

or you could buy a whipple or KB and save money and have a shit load of power :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i'm gettin a good size bonus check probably in march from work. hopefully i can free up some ponies then. until then though, it's gonna have to be lower priced mods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online