Engine won't crank

Jubert

Reaction score
I lost second gear and my throw out bearing sounds terrible... Now the car won't start... Do you think it's just a clutch problem?

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
I turn key fuel pump whines and then I try to start and it's just the starter going but no engine engagement... I just drove it and next thing I know I turn it off go shop in mall and try to start it wouldn't go... A guy helped me push start it but I was just thinking I got lucky... Like I said I couldn't shift into second gear but now I'm back to square one any ideas???

lutter94

Reaction score
Idk whats going on with your throwout bearing and 2nd gear. Do you have the means to get the trans off, or at least get it on a good set of stands? At least look thru the clutch fork access hole with someone else pressing the clutch pedal.

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
After I do the starter I'm just gonna replace the clutch

lutter94

Reaction score
If you think the throw out bearing is problematic, might as well do that too. Or if you live close to a auto parts store, inspect then buy one if need be. I'm an hr from parts stores, so I have to buy stuff ahead of time, lol.

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
I ordered a fuel pump for my starting problem.... The clutch needs to be replaced... Does anyone know of a write up for this cars clutch... I keep reading things about shimming the clutch and etc....

lutter94

Reaction score
[video=youtube;QdVZDlXVj_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVZDlXVj_g[/video]

This should cover it pretty well, Shouldn't need shims, just the alignment tool stuck in the pilot bearing.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Look in your Haynes manual. You'll also find the torque specs for the flywheel, clutch, trans to engine, cross member and trans mount.

OP
OP
Jubert

Jubert

Reaction score
right now my transmission at a stop wont shift into 2,4, or reverse gears... It cant just be my clutch can it ??? I have A short shifter .... but could my tranny be bad ?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To clarify, the car stilling still, with the engine off, and you aren't able to shift into 2, 4 or reverse?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online