Equalizer cable = center parking brake cable?

Five O

Reaction score
So my parking brake is pretty much toast, due to the cables being old, stretched, rusted and generally just crap. I know I need both rear cables, but I was told by the shop I also need an "equalizer cable." Is that the center parking brake cable? I just wanted to know so I know what to shop around for (he quoted me a few hundred bucks for all the cables, but I think it might have included labor).

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The equalizer would be the cable that goes through the floor and connects to the other 2 cables.
I would be a good idea to replace it.
They tend to wear out and fray over time till one day you pull up the handle and SNAP.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
If its a couple hundred bucks labor included I'd say go for it. I replaced mine back in the day on my old 95 v6... It was a pain, and never quite got it to have the best tension for some reason. I have no parking brake in my truck (5speed) and I constantly worry about where I park, I am doing that ASAP too

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Yea I'd think your parking brake system isn't something to **** around with. Do it right and replace anything that shows any stretching or wear.. A few hundred with labor included isn't a bad price at all.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd replace it simply because its simple if you're doing the rest of it.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If its a couple hundred bucks labor included I'd say go for it. I replaced mine back in the day on my old 95 v6... It was a pain, and never quite got it to have the best tension for some reason. I have no parking brake in my truck (5speed) and I constantly worry about where I park, I am doing that ASAP too

jsut carry around a brick.... lol.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i mena, its a mustang. not a ferrari for ****'s sake. It doesnt need luxuries like functioning brakes. Mine doesnt even have a functioning power-train. LOL.

chaos254

Reaction score
just leave it in gear. Dont really need the ebrake

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

canadiantbone

Reaction score
Do it yourself , just did all of the rear brake cables . I found that the dealership had better pricing than ebay , by far . JMO.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah