Error codes P0172 / P0175

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Stock tune and stock 19lb orange top injectors from 96. I believe my regulator needs to be upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read above.....also from factory injectors were already at something like 80% duty use. You can pick up 24 lb cobra injectors pretty cheap. Gives you room to grow and puts less strain on them. With 24 lb injectors i dont think youd need a tune either. If you jump any high you probably will.

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
At what PSI value FPR should be set ? If I remember, it should be between 30 & 40 PSI, but what is the best setting ?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
At what PSI value FPR should be set ? If I remember, it should be between 30 & 40 PSI, but what is the best setting ?

Saw some guy on youtube pull the vacuum hose and unscrewed the top part of the FPR while the car was idling. His fox liked 34psi at idle so he tighten down the allen key/nut on the FPR and attached the vacuum hose while the car was running.

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
I Did change all the injectors for new ones, still have the engine codes ... It will be time to go with the fuel pump ...

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
Did you change the regulator?

Not yet ... Since the fuel regulator bumps 9 PSI when the vaccum is disconnected, it seems to work, right ? If not, I will change it, this is quite simple.

Otherwise I did find something this morning. If I play with the climatic control, it does have a big effect on the idle. If I'm starting to OFF position, and I turn the knob to the left (VENT, AC & ACMAX), no difference. If I turn to right Position (FLOOR, MIX & Front window), the idle bumps at least 500 RPM, and tries to stabilize without success ... All climatic positions are working well. Does it could be a vaccum leak ? How to identify this in the interior of the car ?

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Vacuum leak, may not have anything to do with your hvac, check your intake, exhaust manifolds, and so on. All will have an effect on your vacuum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online