Estimate......If possible

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
Im working on some serious stuff with my 97 GT. I've got some PI heads off a 2000 GT motor and I'm sending them off to Thumper Of Orange Park to the them ported, bowled, perfromance valvejob, cleaned and surfaced. Also Im going to be running VT cams stage II what kind of power would i be putting down with this set up also if it helps im going to run 24lb injectors Ive got a high flow fuel pump and im getting longtubes catted x-pipe and Magnaflow CB. If anyone could help with what kind of power Ill be making that would be great

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
honestly your not going to get super good gains if you dont do the cams/intake while your at it...if i had to guess, id say no more than like 260rwhp??? thats with just a head swap and your bolt ons?? provide some better info...all mods?? standard? auto?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you have a manual trans and full bolt ons with a complete PI set up you can be close to 300rwhp with a GOOD TUNE, with the worked heads and those cams.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
oops...skipped the vt stage II cam part...yeah i agree with snakebit...i say more closer to 380rwhp...you should definately swap the intake while your at it, the intakes a major restriction on our car!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97stanger said:
oops...skipped the vt stage II cam part...yeah i agree with snakebit...i say more closer to 380rwhp...you should definately swap the intake while your at it, the intakes a major restriction on our car!!

you had a TYPE O I think you ment 300 not 380 :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

OP
OP

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
Well I dont really have the money for an intake unless i cut out some of the other stuff like exhaust its either or but i think the intake will come later down the road with the supercharger

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
Well I dont really have the money for an intake unless i cut out some of the other stuff like exhaust its either or but i think the intake will come later down the road with the supercharger

what do you mean by intake? Your not talking about the plastic manifold are you? You need a PI intake to go with the PI heads

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
97stanger said:
that or some adaptor plates

Getting adapter plates to put an NPI intake onto p&p'd pi heads and VT cams would be the dumbest thing ever!!! :laugh: I sure hope he's not planning to use the stock intake.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
97stanger said:
that or some adaptor plates

Getting adapter plates to put an NPI intake onto p&p'd pi heads and VT cams would be the dumbest thing ever!!! :laugh: I sure hope he's not planning to use the stock intake.

yea but if hes tight for money.......sometimes you have to take a step back to take 2 forward

98armygt

Reaction score
i got a plastic intake from a 01 pi motor. i have a heads, cams, intake package in the for sale section. so far i have only had interest in the heads and cams. so if you wanna get a plastic one i can sell it for half the price of a new one. 75 bucks and its yours. it does not have the alum crossover though.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Rantheman said:
intake is only 150 bucks

maybe his money is REAL tight :dunno:

if he can afford VT stage IIs and P&P on the hads, im pretty sure he should be able to spend $115 for the intake manifold...

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
97_SN95GT said:
Im working on some serious stuff with my 97 GT. I've got some PI heads off a 2000 GT motor and I'm sending them off to Thumper Of Orange Park to the them ported, bowled, perfromance valvejob, cleaned and surfaced. Also Im going to be running VT cams stage II what kind of power would i be putting down with this set up also if it helps im going to run 24lb injectors Ive got a high flow fuel pump and im getting longtubes catted x-pipe and Magnaflow CB. If anyone could help with what kind of power Ill be making that would be great

Would this "Thumper of Orange Park" be in Jacksonville? How much are they charging you for all this work? Im thinking of having the same stuff done.

OP
OP

97_SN95GT

Reaction score
Hey sorry I havent replied back I had to work...ugh... to clear some things up for yall. I am going to use the PI manifold with the aluminum crossrunners in it. I also have a 5-speed manual trans. and 19mustang95 im not sure of the location but check them out at thumperoforangepark.com and you can email Mike thats the guy whos in charge of check out sbftech.com and he is Thumper460. He is very reputable in his work. Im impressed with the numbers. I also forgot to add in my upper plenum and 75MM TB if that helps any and my hypertech tuner

ALITL8

Reaction score
you doin anything internally (i.e. rods, pistons, rings, bearings, etc.)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online