Estimated 1/4 mile

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a 96 gt.. long tube headers, hi flow cats, flow master mufflers, 3.73 gears.. and a jlt cold air...auto tranny..car seems to run pretty good...just wondering what you guys think the times might be...I was thinking mid to low 14s hopefully..

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
I have a 96 gt.. long tube headers, hi flow cats, flow master mufflers, 3.73 gears.. and a jlt cold air...auto tranny..car seems to run pretty good...just wondering what you guys think the times might be...I was thinking mid to low 14s hopefully..

Well your starting point is somewhere in the mid 15's :-[ :-[ with the mods you have your probally about 25-30rwhp over stock so that puts you somewhere around 200rwhp or so :dunno: the gears will cut a few tenths off your quarter. What you NEED is a tq converter that would free up almost half a second :boink: :boink:. With what you have you could get high 14's I would think, but I dont really see you in the mid 14's without a few more mods. The converter would do wonders.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmm..yea Im not sure ..but from comparing my previous car that ran 15.4 and my brothers 00 stang that ran 13.7...Im saying my car feels a lot closer to my brothers...I would hope atleast a 14.6 or so...but I guess We will see when I run it...everycar is differant no point in trying to guess

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
hmm..yea Im not sure ..but from comparing my previous car that ran 15.4 and my brothers 00 stang that ran 13.7...Im saying my car feels a lot closer to my brothers...I would hope atleast a 14.6 or so...but I guess We will see when I run it...everycar is differant no point in trying to guess

That 13.7 included what mods cuz I know that was not stock, thats a killer time for a manual trans car much less an auto. And your right the only way to know is to get it to a track and get a time, I use to have the orginal G TECH meter about 7 years ago it was fun to play with and was very close to track times. I used it once in my 95 GT and there was only .9 between the track clock and the TECH clock.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i say at best you will see high 14s....the thing that is killing you is the auto tranny, you should loook into a tuner like an Xcal2 as your next mod so you can change the shift points. And i would have went with 4:10s in an auto.

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
justinschmidt1 said:

That 13.7 included what mods cuz I know that was not stock, thats a killer time for a manual trans car much less an auto. And your right the only way to know is to get it to a track and get a time, I use to have the orginal G TECH meter about 7 years ago it was fun to play with and was very close to track times. I used it once in my 95 GT and there was only .9 between the track clock and the TECH clock.
He has afew mods...4.10s auto tranny, intake plenum, cold air, larger throttle body, superchips tuner...and full bassani exhaust.. I though manual tranny 99-04s could get into the 13s stock?..Its hard to tell..but I definately think my car is faster than high 14s

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
i say at best you will see high 14s....the thing that is killing you is the auto tranny, you should loook into a tuner like an Xcal2 as your next mod so you can change the shift points. And i would have went with 4:10s in an auto.

I was lookin into that as m next mod xcal2 and a dynotune..but um where do you think the best shift points are..my shifts are too slow..compared to my brothers chipped auto its a big differance....my car seems to peak at about 5000 rpms..doesnt seem to pull over 5k..so would my best shift points be like 5200? 5500?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
[

I was lookin into that as m next mod xcal2 and a dynotune..but um where do you think the best shift points are..my shifts are too slow..compared to my brothers chipped auto its a big differance....my car seems to peak at about 5000 rpms..doesnt seem to pull over 5k..so would my best shift points be like 5200? 5500?

with your mods, i dont suggest wasting your money on a dynotune...When i get my nitrous and PI swap im geting my Xcal2 from www.VMPtuning.com, i know a lot of people that he has done tunes for and he is local, and my friend told me he has a package deal of $500 for an Xcal2 and Dynotune...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
Snakebit said:
justinschmidt1 said:

He has afew mods...4.10s auto tranny, intake plenum, cold air, larger throttle body, superchips tuner...and full bassani exhaust.. I though manual tranny 99-04s could get into the 13s stock?..Its hard to tell..but I definately think my car is faster than high 14s

yea with a good driver and a 5 speed you can get high 13's out of a PI GT car, the autos are around mid 14's stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online