Ever try drifting?

Javelin

Reaction score
My 96 SVT Cobra is my track car, set up for SCCA Track Night in America and Time Trial events along with autocross. I have an actual drift track, Spirit Peaks Raceway, close to my house so I took the Cobra there for a couple of events. It's a lot of fun, but very different for suspension setup. Here's a short clip from the first time out:

Yes, my drift tires are Nitto NT05's, 275/40/17F & 315/35/17R. It's set up for sgrip, so I had to play with shock settings and tire pressures to get it to rotate. Ultimately I decided that tandem drifting was a little too anxiety-inducing for this car. I need a scruffy 'Stang to bang fenders with!

lutter94

Reaction score
Drifting was obviously invented by tire companies. Much like valentines day invented by hallmark stores and the like......lmao

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We had a guy one here who built a super badass drift’stang. Can’t remember his name but he was competing pretty hardcore. His turnin on the front suspension and steering was sick. Had his radiator in the trunk and all kinds of craziness.

Oh and it sounds like you have something loose and rattling!!! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have never intentionally tried to drift but it has happened once or twice with mixed results.... I wish I had the car, the shop to work on it and the money to do it. It sure looks like a good time. I am hoping to see some drifting at NMRA this year

OP
OP
Javelin

Javelin

Reaction score
Oh and it sounds like you have something loose and rattling!!! [emoji38]

That would be my OG GoPro (the original one, before they were numbered) rattling around in it's case. I bought it in 2009 and it still works, so I haven't upgraded...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online