Ever wondered what it's like to drive an American car in the UK?

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is your chance to see what it's like! I will be posting more videos, so subscribe to my youtube channel :headbang:

[video=youtube;yzm7J__3d-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzm7J__3d-w[/video]

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even better is driving a manual UK car in the UK, keep looking up to the right for the review mirror and OOP! It's not there! :) And 1st gear is all the way over there, stupid left hand!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have you driven on the wrong side of the road yet?

My dad has a British friend who had been living here for over a year. One day he accidentally started driving on the wrong side of the road! I think he was luckily driving a friend who of course freaked out so he was able to correct himself before something bad happened....

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must feel so trippy because ur used to driving on the wrong side of the road lol.

I've been driving a RHD BMW 530i (5-speed) for the past 4-5 months. I'm quite used to it. Even driving a LHD car again didn't take much getting used to.

Even better is driving a manual UK car in the UK, keep looking up to the right for the review mirror and OOP! It's not there! :) And 1st gear is all the way over there, stupid left hand!

I got used to this rather quickly as well. I hate Jap import cars because they switch the signal and wiper stalk from side to side, so I actuate the wipers when trying to signal :(

Wow those are some narrow streets.

Sent from mah Obamafone

They just don't have a shoulder, probably as narrow as most country roads in the US. I live in a VERY rural part of the country.

Have you driven on the wrong side of the road yet?

My dad has a British friend who had been living here for over a year. One day he accidentally started driving on the wrong side of the road! I think he was luckily driving a friend who of course freaked out so he was able to correct himself before something bad happened....

When I first got here it was late at night, cars were parked on the left, so I had to go into the right lane to pass them. I looked down at my phone for maps and subconsciously didn't see anything wrong with being in the RH lane. I drove on the wrong side for about 1/4 of a mile lol When I saw headlights in the distance it clicked in my head and I whipped back into the LH lane lol.

Driving on the RH side of the car makes driving in the LH lane feel natural, if that makes sense.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Since you're in a left hand drive car, does this means when you pull up next to someone you can just reach out and shake their hand?

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, lol. It also means when I pull up to reallllly big round-a-bouts I have to look out of the rear glass to yield to traffic lol

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Damn all those boring muted color cars driving around these narrow streets and suddenly they've got this yellow terminator ripping up the pavement. Thats awesome!!!

GT Rob

Reaction score
I bet you scare some of those people in there small cars with that noise coming from the cobra

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Learned where all the speed cameras are yet? :)

OP
OP
JeremyAlan

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha I revved it up under a bridge and made this kid scream. I felt bad, it was an accident lol

Yeah, there are lots of signs to warn you of speed cameras. Not a whole bunch in my area because it's out in the sticks. When you get into bigger cities there are tons!

ProKiller

Reaction score
i got back from two weeks in australia. i'm still hitting my wipers to turn left...

Mack

Reaction score
You're driving on the wrong side of the road. Everybody is. :D

Looks good, keep 'm coming!

Damn all those boring muted color cars driving around these narrow streets and suddenly they've got this yellow terminator ripping up the pavement. Thats awesome!!!

That's how I feel as well. This is a pic I took some years ago:
417285_308344392564144_1953905738_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online