Evilgt's road racer build thread. aka the tractor

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
I dont understand at all. lol. (seriously)
ha ha.

In a nut shell Tim trials is set up so that any car can race and be competitive. Cars are classed by there factory performance levels. So a 4 cyl mustang would be classed in TT "F" and a new corvette in TT "A".

The modifications made to a car will access points. After you hav accessed20+ points your car will will move up one class. So the 4 cyl mustang would jump from "F" to "E" and then compete with the other cars classed in "E".

Each modification earns a certain amount of points. Example lower springs may take a +4 and "R" comp tires a +7. After you exceed 20 points the car moves up one class and it takes 39 points to move up another class.

Its a way to keep all cars on a somewhat level playing field. Obviously some are just better than others in base form so its not a exact science.

So in my cars case I want to keep the car classed in "D" so to do so I cant exceed a +39 in points.

The next class up for me would be "C" and there are some seriously fast cars in "C". I dont think the car can compete in "C". If I moved up to "B" I would be allowed to make enough mods to compete. The allowed points to move into "C" wont be enough to make the needed mods to be competitive.

Yeah its confusing but that also makes it fun as you need to actually sit down and calculate what the best mods are to make the car go fast while staying with in a certain amount of points.

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Yeah, drag racing doesn't require math or steering or skill...

I take it that this is sarcasm.

Anyway the dude I took out in my car this last weekend runs super gas in a 8 sec 27 ford front engine dragster. He had never been around a road course before and after the first ride he was scared and amazed at the amount of driver input and reaction it takes to run a clean lap let alone deal with all of the traffic, corner stations etc etc.

We told him to build a track car and his response was "nah I like going fast the easy way with out doing any work" lol.

kyle

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I wasn't being sarcastic. I know that it takes some skill to get shifting/launching down. It takes skill to get a consistent 60' time. But the rest is blah. No more input required. Lame.

You still have to shift and launch in a time trial or road race or even autocross event... and then you have to steer and maneuver and drive for longer than ten seconds. That takes all the skills required for drag racing, plus a lot more.

So, in comparison, I think that drag racing is like the special olympics when lined up against any sort of racing that requires using the steering wheel.

RichV

Reaction score
Well, drag racing a street car maybe. But something with some power takes a lot of skill to get down the 1/4. That's where I lost the drag race bug, my 400-450HP that ran low 13s (altitude) was boring.

Coming into a 60mph turn at 120mph and waiting almost until turn-in to hit the brakes ... ya, that gets the blood going. And you can do that in a 200HP car.

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
I wasn't being sarcastic. I know that it takes some skill to get shifting/launching down. It takes skill to get a consistent 60' time. But the rest is blah. No more input required. Lame.

You still have to shift and launch in a time trial or road race or even autocross event... and then you have to steer and maneuver and drive for longer than ten seconds. That takes all the skills required for drag racing, plus a lot more.

So, in comparison, I think that drag racing is like the special olympics when lined up against any sort of racing that requires using the steering wheel.

LMAO I agree. I just didnt want to post it and get the drag guys panties in a bunch. They can be little girls and cry a lot when this subject comes up.

"If road racing where easy it would be called Auto X, if auto x where easy it would be called drag racing"

kyle

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
plus it sounds like more opportunities to eat euro-trash :-D

YES and this is one of the main reasons I enjoy it. Chasing and passing more expensive hard ware in a mustang that is/was based off the chassis of a 78 fairmont brings a smile to my face.

kyle

punched281

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but all racing is fun to me! Would it get boring going down a straight line in a 13 sec car over and over not making any changes, sure. Would it get boring running the same course or track in a 200hp car... Yup. But I think if you do the same exact thing over and over it gets boring.. So I think the fun is tweaking the car, learning different corners or getting the best launch down...

Next car I do will be more of an autox car, cause that crap is way fun

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Open lapping could get boring.

However racing W2W and TT never gets boring when there are 30 other cars on track with you trying to occupy the same space that you are. That gets real interesting and keeps the pucker factor at all time high.

Punched did I mention that I can get you on track for FREE at one of the NASA events?

punched281

Reaction score
Open lapping could get boring.

However racing W2W and TT never gets boring when there are 30 other cars on track with you trying to occupy the same space that you are. That gets real interesting and keeps the pucker factor at all time high.

Punched did I mention that I can get you on track for FREE at one of the NASA events?

Yea I could see how that is adrenaline while getting bumped and chased down. That would be so sick! I am about to get the talon going, but the mustang wouldn't do so hot on a track like that. Maybe it would...

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Just picked some FREE Hoosier A6s 275/35/17. Slight wear on the inside no big deal I will just mount the worn edge on the outside.
I run 2 1/2 degrees negative camber so I should be able to get a weekend or two out of them.

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
Quick comparison between the 275 A6s and the stock sized 245 Bridgestone's.

RichV

Reaction score
Nice! When are you hooking me up with some free race tires!

255/35 19 please!!

OP
OP
E

Evilgt

Reaction score
If some pop up they are yours buddy

What do you think about the SVE "drift" wheels? Saw that they make them for the SN95 and the S197. We should both get them for the silver cars.

kyle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online