Evolve Game

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not really a big video game guy. I don't have consoles anymore, but a while back I watched a trailer for this game, and was totally hooked.

Yesterday I saw an advertisement for it, and it comes out on the 10th.

The basic premise is there's 5 people playing, one is a monster and 4 are soldiers trying to kill the monster. The monster can evolve a few times, when he reaches his final level he's extremely difficult to beat. The 4 soldiers need to work together to defeat him.

It's just awesome to finally be able to be the boss in a boss battle! Anyhow, here are some shots. I won't be one of the first, school is a little to hectic right now, but I can see myself getting this in a few months.

Evolve_-_Jan_First_Look_Screenshot__10_.jpg

Evolve_Free_Maps1.jpg

evolve4.jpg

evolve_-_goliathvmarkov_fire.jpg

evolve_2015_game-wide.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfIA3R2TfZY

http://evolvegame.com/

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been waiting for this to come out for a while. I don't think it's really gonna be a game I'll get into much but I've been waiting to check it out.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been reading the biggest complaints are that there is $130 of extra add-ons that they want to get you for after buying the game.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So is it like Titanfall where it's only multi-player?

Nah, Titanfall beats the hell out of this game. It's like Left4Dead in a way but each of the four players has a designated type. Medic, assault, etc. and you have to defeat the monster.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus

Caboose302

Reaction score
Nah, Titanfall beats the hell out of this game. It's like Left4Dead in a way but each of the four players has a designated type. Medic, assault, etc. and you have to defeat the monster.

Ok. I saw a trailer when I was at Gamestop and it seemed like it had a single player mode. Ya know, with a plot and story and stuff.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. I saw a trailer when I was at Gamestop and it seemed like it had a single player mode. Ya know, with a plot and story and stuff.

Not that I saw. I didn't last more than 15mins before I closed it but it was basically what I said above but not online. When I selected "solo" it just jumped me into that, no story.

OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It says there's a full singleplayer game with AI taking the place of the 4 hunters if you are the monster, or the 3 of the hunters and the monster if you want to be a hunter, and you can bounce between. Every achievement you get offline will be added to your online account when you log back in. I think that's pretty monumental.

Was there a demo you were able to try Whip, or did you buy the whole game and decide you didn't like it? I was thinking of rewarding myself with this if I pass my legal test on Thursday lol

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have been reading the biggest complaints are that there is $130 of extra add-ons that they want to get you for after buying the game.

I don't know about $130 but there's an unreasonable amount, that's for sure.

Was there a demo you were able to try Whip, or did you buy the whole game and decide you didn't like it? I was thinking of rewarding myself with this if I pass my legal test on Thursday lol

Demo, I also demo before I buy.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
OP
OP
g36 monkey

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They are saying something interesting about their DLC is that in some ways you can test it before using it, I guess without playing the game yet I don't know how it's possible, but a friend can let you use x character, so on and so forth.

But they are saying they put a lot of time and effort into the monsters and hunters to make it a balanced game. IE not pay to win. That's a pretty big deal IMO.

I've got a huge test on Thursday, if I pass I'll probably reward myself with this as a break haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online