exhaust again?

Discussion in '94-04 - V6 Specific' started by white98stang, Oct 27, 2006.

1. white98stang

white98stang Active Member

i finally found a nice cheap mac exhaust but my only question is should i get the one that fits my 3.8 Y pipe or the one that has a H pipe??? Im clueless and please tell me why i should do the one or the other?

2. atlantic98stang

atlantic98stang New Member

the h pipe will be a different sound then the y pipe bolt on...i say get the h pipe...it will sound better....

3. 94stangr

94stangr New Member

If you want the most power out of your exhaust get a X

4. jpajkos

jpajkos Active Member

Under stand. If you want the H or X pipe set up you have to buy the H or X pipe along with the cat back. The Y pipe set it is for you stock system. I have a buddy who has the Y pipe set up and it sounds really nice. Im sure the H and X would sound even better.

5. 1995v6fornow

1995v6fornow New Member

i have the Y-pipe on mine and it sounds grreat!!!i recomend MAC great parts at a great price!!!

6. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Good to hear.

I'm getting the MAC Y-pipe setup from Arts soon - it should be good enough for my setup.

When I turn up the boost I'll consider cutting it for a H or X - but the Y is good for now. Beats the hell out of my gutted single pipe I would bet, at any rate. :D

7. v6mustang94

v6mustang94 Well-Known Member

Both setups will work fine with your car. Our little 3.8s don't put out enough power where the y-pipe is deemed inefficent. The main difference you'll have is sound. I went with true duals with out a crossover. So, I can't really say if the y-pipe or x/h-pipe will sound better. Exhaust tone wieghs heavily on personal preference.

Basically, get which ever setup you want. The x/h-pipe setup (True dual exhaust in general) is really only necessary for heavily modded engines. I'm a assuming the y-pipe is cheaper and in most cases is all people will ever need. So if you want to spend as little as possible, go the y-pipe bolt up. You should be able to do that setup in your own garage or driverway. If you want duals you're going to need to go to a shop and have them cut and weld it up for you. Unless you know what you're doing. I think you'll like the sound you get either way and what it really comes down to is how much do you want to spend.

8. dapack69

dapack69 New Member

Mac may have great prices, but I wouldn't recomend them to anyone. I installed there long tube headers on mine in March and I'm going have to replace them withen two years.

9. white98stang

white98stang Active Member

i dont want headers i just want to know how there cat back for y pipe sounds...

10. Greggerex

Greggerex Active Member

Any sound clips folks?

11. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

Get a Bassani catback.
    For sound clips go here.
    www.mustangexhaust.com

12. identity_Crisis

identity_Crisis New Member