Exhaust crackling more than before.

Nacho

Reaction score
After I got my lower intake ported, I started hearing a lot more cracklin from my exhaust. Like back pressure popping. Not backfiring. Is this normal? Another thing is that while in 2nd gear and driving steadily at 3k rpm, my car misses and kind of bogs a bit. Any idea why? It still tears the tires up if I floor it tho. My f/p is at 40psi and my timing is set @ 15* with 93 octane.

ryclef331

Reaction score
The bucking and kicking at cruise is the stock computer not know what the hell to do with all the mods you've thrown at it. Mine does it from time to time if I "lug" it down low. As for the cackle, I wouldn't sweat it. Major mods will change your exhaust note. Think about it....a H/C/I car with the same offroad pipe and flows as everyone and their mother sounds totally different. At least mine did.

OP
OP
N

Nacho

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not too worried about it, I just needed some reassurance. I checked my plugs and the mixture seem perfect. I'll be bumping up the f/p another lb or so just to make sure it's not leaning out over 3k. Thank Ryclef

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
when i put my timing down I got a lot of that on back throttle I dont think its bad I kinda like the sound, if were talking about the same thing...more like gurggurling?

OP
OP
N

Nacho

Reaction score
yeah it's raspy and kind of like gurgurling but with more of a crackle. fucking hard to explain but it's not just gurgurling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online