Exhaust Cutout Position

joekd

Reaction score
About time you got those installed

joekd

Reaction score
Someday I will figure out a good way to make a video of the cutouts with my car running using just a cellphone camera, every single one I shoot comes out like crap

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you need a vid with the camera basically on the ground with the car running with it closed, then opening to really get an idea of the difference they make. A drive by helps but its the before/after difference that is the most important imo.

joekd

Reaction score
you need a vid with the camera basically on the ground with the car running with it closed, then opening to really get an idea of the difference they make.

Any suggestions on how to shoot a good one? I tried placing the phone even with the edge of the door and as soon as I revved the car I got pure distortion. Galaxy S5 if it matters.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Heres one Like you said to do ttocs. Just used my iPhone 6s, so much easier/faster to use my phone then get one of my cameras out..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aX9XGkPYao

Talked to QTP and they said just hose down the cut outs in Liquid Wrench, thats what they found to work the best.. So got a bottle of that showing up Monday..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Its crazy how much more these break peoples necks, i feel like when i have them open im gonna give some one whiplash..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it gets some looks. The craziest I had was one day at a light suddenly the 18 wheeler beside me gave a short blast on his horn. Light was red, no where to go so after a few seconds I leaned over basically into the passenger seat and looked up to see this big old bearded trucker smiling back at me. "MAN that thing sounds good just idling give it a few revs for me?" Made the whole project worth while....

joekd

Reaction score
Should see peoples faces when I come into a car show or meet with the family 4 door running the exhaust through headers, cats then straight out. To say the least it gets attention.

At the track I picked up exactly nothing though, I run the same exact time with the cutouts open and closed, oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online