Exhaust dumps.... any comments?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Outlaw97GT said:
I wish I could just do that also, but my catback is all rusted out. After I installed the o/r H last year it really blow out my old tail pipes. My C/B is factory with weld in Fowmaster 40's.
I dont think I'll have a problem with the fumes with dumps, Ive had then on other cars with no fume probs. It cant be any worst than what I got now, I have so many rust holes in my mufflers and tail pipes.

Anyway, I'll let ya'll know the turn out. Im getting them either this friday or next friday.... not sure yet.

Oh yea thats right I forgot your catback was rusted out. But yea lemme know how it goes, and get some pics and vids up!

OP
OP
O

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Fets said:
Outlaw97GT said:
I wish I could just do that also, but my catback is all rusted out. After I installed the o/r H last year it really blow out my old tail pipes. My C/B is factory with weld in Fowmaster 40's.
I dont think I'll have a problem with the fumes with dumps, Ive had then on other cars with no fume probs. It cant be any worst than what I got now, I have so many rust holes in my mufflers and tail pipes.

Anyway, I'll let ya'll know the turn out. Im getting them either this friday or next friday.... not sure yet.

Oh yea thats right I forgot your catback was rusted out. But yea lemme know how it goes, and get some pics and vids up!

You got it, I will take pics.... O0

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
If you guys have to pass emissions....dumps wont. You have to have exhaust tips that exit out from under the car.

Also, dumps are going to give you a little less torque, but they look/sound badass.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Dumps sound badass! Fumes are only bad if you are idling sitting still. Had them on buddies car and loved them. My buddie cut some pipes and welded them in himself and didn't have any money in it at all really.

blownstang98

Reaction score
I have prety much always had mine dumped. I have had flows, mac, spentech and now I have magnaflow magnapacks that a dumped. I love how it sounds, as long as you come a turn down on them its not to bad realy. I have a built motor with LT and an O/R x pipe. It does rumble the ground nice to... I would buy a set of macs or whatever mufflers you like and just have a shop put them on to your flow tubes and put some dumps on them and iam sure that it would be cheaper then buying it already done. Iam pretty luck I have a good friend that owns his own shop......... :)

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
how it sounds is relative to you mufflers and X pipe.
on quieter mufflers, the tips resonate the sound making it a little sharper.
on louder mufflers, it doesn't make much difference.

I made my own dumps for a while. just sawzall'd a piece out of the over-axle section and tac'd them on behind the muffler.

With my Roush side exit, fumes didn't really bother me?? and it's right outside the door.
guess it depends on the wind.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Staff online

Members online