Exhaust dumps.... any comments?

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Ok guys Im about ready to get my exhaust fixed. Ive been thinking about getting the MAC C/B, but Ive also been pondering about the MAC dumps.

Anybody here using dumps and what are your thoughts on them?
How bad are the exhaust fumes in the car?
How is the sound?

For 189.99 dumps are looking pretty good.....lol Ive always liked dumps on fox-bodies, but never seen/heard them on a 4.6.

Tell me what you guys think....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
i ran them on my 91GT and hated them for the most part, the fumes were pretty bad ( I had a 302 with Edelbrock heads/ intake and a E303 cam ) Longtubes and a off road H with the dumps. It was very loud too......it sounded great at the track, but going to town for the night date was sucky :(

I would not put them on my DD now, for a weekend car fine but not on my every day car. I think 95KBGT has them on his, ask Paul about his.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT has dumps, if I remember correctly he said that they echo against the pavement and shake the car. Sounds like a nice setup to me. :)

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i have dumps on my 79 f 150, now would i put dumps on the mustang... no. they bounce the sound off the ground and the interior noise is greatly increased. They sound good on my pickup but i wouldnt put them on the car ever.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I want dumps too, but I dont wanna pass out if Im in Wendys drive thru

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
and to give ya an idea of how loud the pickup is the mufflers are dynomax race bullets. Man they sound mean! i wonder what they would sound like on the stang hmmm....

jpajkos

Reaction score
I had dumbs im put my pipes on after 1 day. I'll el paso on the dumps

96sohc

Reaction score
$189 for dumps is highway robbery.
I had a set made for me at an exhaust shop for $50, they are turned towards the side a little bit, and don't drone at all, nor do I get exhaust fumes in the car.
Picture003.jpg

blackfang

Reaction score
I had a local exhaust shop fabricate me a set from scratch for 35 bucks. I love them.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
someone on here said they cause a loss in performance, i think im gonna do mine like KBs and just cut off the pipe right after it goes over the axle

OP
OP
O

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
I have to buy the kit, my pipes are trashed from the h-pipe back. And I have holes in my rustmasters big enough to put my fist in. So I think dumps will be quieter than what Ive got now.....lol

I think Im gonna go with the dumps. Its not my DD so I think it will be all good... :hitit:

SoddyRebel

Reaction score
i have macs out the rear, with an o/r h-pipe, and its pretty darn loud, i dunno if i could stand the dumps....nor the exhaust fumes...

SUTHRNSTANG97GT

Reaction score
I have the the MAC dumps on my 97 GT, I went about three months before I got tired of the drone and fumes right by my ear . The best part was driving through my apt. complex and setting everyones car alarms off :lol: So I had tail pipes welded on to them , sounds alot better now. I'm running them with a mAC O/R H-pipe.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
How would dumps sound with and O/R X and FLow 40s?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks. If I go dumps I'll just cut the pipes right after the come over the axel

OP
OP
O

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Fets said:
Thanks. If I go dumps I'll just cut the pipes right after the come over the axel

I wish I could just do that also, but my catback is all rusted out. After I installed the o/r H last year it really blow out my old tail pipes. My C/B is factory with weld in Fowmaster 40's.
I dont think I'll have a problem with the fumes with dumps, Ive had then on other cars with no fume probs. It cant be any worst than what I got now, I have so many rust holes in my mufflers and tail pipes.

Anyway, I'll let ya'll know the turn out. Im getting them either this friday or next friday.... not sure yet.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
With dumps your car will be louder.The Flowmaster mufflers sound
quite deep and have a nice rumble to them.You will save 10-15 lbs.
taking off the tailpipes if you decided to go with dumps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online