Exhaust opinion

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by gixxer007, Mar 3, 2007.

1. gixxer007

gixxer007 New Member

I just ordered a cat back for my 95. I currently have 2 chamber dumps on it now, but have to put a cat back on for state law reasons. i love the way the dumps sound and go with my set up so i was hoping not to loose to much of the good sound.
    I ordered a Magnaflow Magnapack system and wanted to gets some of your thought or experances with them. My 95 has BBK hearders and non catted X pipe. I heard some sound clips of this system with others also but you never get the real thing until you get it on the car of course. I just hope I like them or they will be up here for sale very soon. I didnt want to go with Flowmaster cat back due to i have always had them on my cars and wanted to try something different.
    By the way my new system will be here next Tuesday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

[email protected]

2. 94twinscrew

94twinscrew Active Member

I have the magnapacks with a Dr.gas x pipe,and I love the sound. It's hard to describe,but it's a mix of old school muscle,with a muffled viper tone in certain rpm ranges. Some guys absolutely hate the sound,the others love it.....here's a short vid under throttle,there's a nice smooth cruise rumble to them,and under load it will wake the dead.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8499541106154677691&q=kenne+bell&hl=en

Better audio in this one....

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/magnapacks/0/8942f464-6a8b-4fbd-a126-766bee016587.htm

3. gixxer007

gixxer007 New Member

Thanks for that link, of all the clips I have heard I like them so far but we will see, like I said in worse case I put them up for sale as soon as I get my car thru inspection.

Thanks

4. Midnight_Cobra

Midnight_Cobra Member

X pipes on a 5.0..... :dunno:

5. 94twinscrew

:dunno:?......what's wrong with a x pipe on a 5.0? It makes 15 more hp than my H.....I don't see anything wrong with that.lol

6. Suspect

Suspect Well-Known Member

:dunno:

mine sounds good.

7. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

I always thought a H pipe and Flowmaster's sounded the best on a 5.0!

8. gixxer007

gixxer007 New Member

Thats what the car came with, but I never really thought the X vs a H pipe would change the sound that much. But then again I never heard the two next to each other. But with the cam in my car I have to say with the X pipe then it does sound good.

Thanks

9. Pennywise2

Pennywise2 Active Member

I love the muscle car sound of a H pipe on a 5.0!
    You can go here and hear for yourself what exhaust combo you like.
    www.mustangexhaust.com

10. 95CALI-5.0

95CALI-5.0 Active Member

I have magnapacks and a catted bassani x-pipe. They are super loud. Under boost they are off the charts!!! You will love the sound.
    The H pipes were good in the 80-90's. X pipes are the $hit. Better scavenging = more hp's.

11. 94twinscrew

Totally agree.... under boost..................very intimidating,especially when you're shooting flames. >:D

12. Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck Legend

I had Dynomax Ultra Flows on my 95 and they sounded AWESOME.....I also had MAC on it too and it was sweet also

13. gixxer007

gixxer007 New Member

I am glad to hear that about the magnapacks with the high flow catted X pipe. For some reason I think that may be my next buy to get this thing thru inspection. But I could be wrong they may not go that far with the out of state inspection here, I can only hope.

Thanks