Exhaust Question....

Blueoval

Reaction score
I really like the sound of my off-road not too mention the power but I am tired of getting eyed by cops and sweating bullets thinking I am going to get pulled over for the exhaust. If I was to weld cat shields on to make it look like it has cats do you think I could pass a visual if a cop ever looks? It passes the emissions test perfectly fine right now without cats using MIL's. I am just trying to figure out how to fool the cops if they were ever to look. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

Blueoval

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
I never thought cops would look under your car.

Most normal cops (constables, & sheriffs) won't but the Texas State Troopers will, they have mirrors on their boots so they can see if you are legal.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah i didnt think most cops checked. at least where i live, i hope i dont jynx myself, but they are pretty lazy cops. i was coming home at about 115 last nite and i saw 3 cop cars just sittin in a parkin lot not even near the road talking outside haha. they went on a spree of tickets in my city though for about two months.. maybe thats how they afforded all those new chargers and crown vics.

i am debating getting a new o/r hpipe because my 40's just dont sound loud enough ne more. do the cops only do visual inspections if they pull you over or do they have some nifty device that tells them if its legal or not?

Downshift

Reaction score
Around here they will. I know someone who had cat shields welded on and still got a ticket cause they could smell it in the exhaust. I freak out when a cop gets behind me too. I have been thinking about switching my mid pipe but I really dont want to I liek it the way it is. I guess the shields would be fine for most cops though.

OP
OP
B

Blueoval

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
Around here they will. I know someone who had cat shields welded on and still got a ticket cause they could smell it in the exhaust. I freak out when a cop gets behind me too. I have been thinking about switching my mid pipe but I really dont want to I liek it the way it is. I guess the shields would be fine for most cops though.

My car has been tuned so I don't think they will smell a difference on mine because the tune was really good across the board. I have a bassani high flow x that one of the cats is bad and I am thinking about cutting them open and then welding them around my off-road h.

Whtstang98

Reaction score
Well, i've always noticed a smell difference w or w/o cats on vehicles but then again maybe its in my head :dunno: But I seriously doubt most cops will know the difference. I agree welded shields would work 99% of the time.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Whtstang98 said:
Well, i've always noticed a smell difference w or w/o cats on vehicles but then again maybe its in my head :dunno: But I seriously doubt most cops will know the difference. I agree welded shields would work 99% of the time.

its NOT in your head there IS a change from one to the other

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ya it can be smelled, ez. mine stinks.

why not weld in some aftermarket cats. very little sound change, the new one's flow really good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online