Exhaust Question

REStang

Reaction score
Here's a few more pics of my new replacement Stang. Also, I put a set of Flowmaster 2 chambers on my 98 and figured I'd do the same to the 03. However, after thinking about it, what else could I do for a real nasty aggressive sound? I swear this 03 GT sounds louder in it's stock form when I punch it than my 98. I heard a Mustang in passing the other day and it was the same body style as mine and it had one of the best sounds I've heard on a Stang. When I start it I want it to really RUMBLE!!!

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
exhaust opinions vary WIDELY, I like the SLP myself while other guys would rather use it for a boat anchor ::). Long-tubes and a off road H or X pipe will be the start of a mean ass exhaust. From there you could use SLP / Magnaflow / Flowmaster / MAC.............take your pic they all will make it sound great.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
exhaust opinions vary WIDELY, I like the SLP myself while other guys would rather use it for a boat anchor ::). Long-tubes and a off road H or X pipe will be the start of a mean ass exhaust. From there you could use SLP / Magnaflow / Flowmaster / MAC.............take your pic they all will make it sound great.

x2, on my 98 cobra, im running an offroad mac hpipe and 2 chamber flows and it sounds mean as hell. and if you decide to get some longtubes, it will make it sound alot more agressive. do it do it do it! :thumb: :thumb: :)

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a SLP O/R X pipe with my 2 Chamber flows, and well, it sounds mean even though some people say X pipes dont go well with Chambered mufflers...

97vertstang

Reaction score
if u liked ur flos, go with macs. everybody swears by them.nest time i change my exhaust is gonna be some mac flowpaths.i heard there like flos but deeper.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Fets said:
I have a SLP O/R X pipe with my 2 Chamber flows, and well, it sounds mean even though some people say X pipes don't go well with Chambered mufflers...

I have 2 chamber flows now with my Long-tubes and catted X and to be honest I have not been happy since the first time I cranked it up :-\. The good part is that I did not pay for the cat-back exhaust, its just a loaner until I get my Permanent exhaust after I get my car back from the body shop ( I wanted to get the 03 Cobra rear bumper before I got my new exhaust put on). I'm still set on the SLP.......but I could change my mind before I buy :dunno:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
check out the post about stockness sound:

:mad: :(

How many catalytic converters are on theses cars? Is it 4 or 6? I looked under my car and i got the 4 normal looking ones than i have two that stand up and connect to the headers. Now why the heck are the early 4.6 quieter than the late 99+ 4.6's?? Does thoses 2 extra things (some called them a resonator and some say there cats) actually quiet down the 96-98 even more than the newer 4.6 GT's???

Exactly how it looks? The 2 things standing up LOOKs like another set of catalytic converter. Midpipe from a 96-98 gt
hpip7.jpg

hpip10.JPG

and so people doesnt think im crazy.. HERES A STOCK MIDPIPE FROM A 01 STANG GT!
11_1.JPG

this is why i think the 99+ gt's are way louder with a aftermarket catback than a 96-98 gt with a aftermarket catback.

and for the hell of it:
a stock hpipe from a 87-93 GT
80_1.JPG

WHY DID FORD PUNISH US EARLY 4.6 OWNERS WITH A NONPI INTAKE AND CRAPPY QUIET HPIPE!

Now if one was to get a catted midpipe they would only have 2 cats and no resonators.

so yah... the 2extra cats stock form quiets them down alot.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
get 2 of your cats out of there (if its like my brothers terminator) put flowmaster 40series on it with dumps and call it a day.

RIFTER11

Reaction score
RIGHT NOW, I HAVE 40-SERIES FLOWS WITH AN O/R X-PIPE 2.5" AND I HATE THE WAY THAT IT SOUNDS :eek:utofcloset: . 4.6 CARS JUST DON'T SOUND THE BEST WITH FLOWS. I AM GETTING SOME MAGNAFLOW "WIDE OPEN" MUFFLERS PUT ON WITH 3" TIPS NEXT WEEK. WE'LL SEE HOW IT SOUNDS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE MAGNAFLOWS ARE A LOT DEEPER AND MORE AGRESSIVE THAN THE FLOWS :dunno:.

S

scarface

RIFTER11 said:
RIGHT NOW, I HAVE 40-SERIES FLOWS WITH AN O/R X-PIPE 2.5" AND I HATE THE WAY THAT IT SOUNDS :eek:utofcloset: . 4.6 CARS JUST DON'T SOUND THE BEST WITH FLOWS. I AM GETTING SOME MAGNAFLOW "WIDE OPEN" MUFFLERS PUT ON WITH 3" TIPS NEXT WEEK. WE'LL SEE HOW IT SOUNDS. I HAVE HEARD THAT THE MAGNAFLOWS ARE A LOT DEEPER AND MORE AGRESSIVE THAN THE FLOWS :dunno:.
I have to disagree with you. I had magnaflows on my 4.6 and I didnt like the sound. so I put my flows back on.
heres a clip of my car right after my cams were instaled BEFORE my tune. Not a great vid but you can hear it.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1039931089&n=2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online