exhaust tips

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
Hey guys im debating how I want to run my exhaust tips im making my own cat back well kindof ghetto way 2.25 pipe is just fine with me im not making some street beast so im going to keep the stock pipes and a magniflow or flow master muffler. Well my question is what would you do with the tips let them hang under the bumper the traditional way or do it like the new mustangs and cut a half moon in the bumper and tuck the pipes a bit let me know what you all think

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dont cut a half moon in the 94-98 stock bumper I have seen it and it doesnt look right at all IMO. Needs to be a larger bumper. Looks best with like 3" tips tucked up tight against the bumper. Or just save money and run dumps, they sound insane as well.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
i have thought of dumps. and side pipes but i dont think i could get the side pipes to tuck up under as much as i would like if any one has any picture of side pipes feel free to send me some i would like to do it without buying new pumber or side skirts like the roush ones i think. i also thought about half moon the side skirt but im not sure maby i have a problem i want to cut everyhting

97WhitePony

Reaction score
::::ATTENTION OWNER:::: DUMPS ARE THE DEVIL.... YOU WILL GO DEAF or at least have a bad headache::: THAT IS ALL:::

hehe, dumps are loud inside the car man... i had em for a year and hated em :rant:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
::::ATTENTION OWNER:::: DUMPS ARE THE DEVIL.... YOU WILL GO DEAF or at least have a bad headache::: THAT IS ALL:::

hehe, dumps are loud inside the car man... i had em for a year and hated em :rant:

AMEN :angel:

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Just have them out the back at the OEM location. I wouldn't cut into the bumper if I were you.
Get the dumps if you don't want to hold a conversation in the car or talk on the cell phone.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
After long and hard thinking my final idea is to get new mufflers and use the oem pipes with a nice set of ether 2.5 or 3 inch tips in the oem location

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I say 3", and like slash cut, about 30 degrees or so.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I think 94-98 stangs dont look right without slashcut tips. I love my SS flowmaster tips but 2.5 looks too small from the rear. The side angle looks perfect but they look wimpy from behind.

Slush cut 3" that go all the way up to the axle. I dont think anything looks more getto than an exhaust tip that you can see that was just stuck on the oem pipes.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MAXX RS4 said:
I dont think anything looks more getto than an exhaust tip that you can see that was just stuck on the oem pipes.

I agree, looks like an attempt...

:lame:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online