exhaust???

white98stang

Reaction score
really i have no idea what kind of exhaust to put on my v6 i dont want it to sound like a ricer??? any help???
98 mustang 3.8
deep dish bullits
no engine mods

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
check out MAC exhaust products, I think the have all the parts ......headers, mid pipe, and cat back for your v-6

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
haha thats about it but its nice and all so im happy w/ it just got to get that exhaust on and cai in those are both in progress

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
good luck with it, the best part is I dont think that exhaust stuff is expensive :)

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
lets hope so because im a poor highschool student haha ill try to have a pic up by tomorrow :boink:

stangs4life

Reaction score
I recently did a 3" single from the Y back with a Flow Master 50 series on my 95. Cost was $230 total including custom bent pipes. Unless you're wanting the looks of the duals, the 3' single is an excellent alternative for a street 3.8. With the 50, idles not much louder than stock, deeper though.

As I've still got the 2.73s in the rear(soon to change), freeway cruising for long periods is not an issue with drone. even dropping down to fourth, which brings the revs up to the equivalent to 3.73 in 5th, not bad. 3 grand plus and she drowns out the angry bumble bees that some call Honda's, and she does it with a deep tone. no getting raspy on the top end.

To me, the 3" single gives the 3.8 the closest to a V8 exhaust note that our little even fires will ever have.

Oh... And Snakebit? You may have 32 valves, but on good day I get 32 mpg. ;D

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh yea :D :D well on a good day I get 18mpg :p :p :p :p

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

joshs95

Reaction score
i have dual flowmasters with a bbk cold air intake and it sounds alwsome, ive pulled up next to a cupple v8s and mine sounds is loader then theres . :bunny3:

atlantic98stang

Reaction score
i have 2 1/4 inch pipping with flo pro mufflers and an x pipe...sounds pretty sweet for a sixer....i think it sounds like a racecar...lol.....you should look into flo-pro...pretty cheap and good

v6mustang94

Reaction score
I have true dual setup with flowmaster 40 mufflers. I had a local shop do 2.25" pipes. Not ricey sounding, but definately not a V8.

Greggerex

Reaction score
white98stang said:
im thinkin of this mac system please tell me your thougths and how it would sound since it will be connected to the Y pipe

http://www.macperformance.com/store/product1.cfm?SID=3&Product_ID=315

Hey man,

Did you get that system after? I'm thinking I'll be getting the same from Arts Performance to alleviate some of the pressure the blower will make. If I need to later, I'll have it cut into true duals, but the Y should be fine for now.

Just wanted to know how it sounds/looks. :santa_huh:

Thanks.

[NIGH7MAR3]

Reaction score
^^^ same here did you buy that MAC cat back kit? cause im looking into getting it how does it sound

OP
OP
W

white98stang

Reaction score
yes i did get my system it sounds nice and looks sexy... you cant go wrong with it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online