exhaust

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
:D :D yay! i got my check for my first week of work on thursday and 2 hours later i went and did my first mod to my car! i put some 2 chamber (original 40's flows) flows on my car! man it sounds good! now i need your guys' help.. should i
a) save up and buy some 18" saleens and lower it 1.5"-2"? (not sure if i want to drop that kind of money yet...)
b) keep my stock cobra wheels and drop it 1.5"-2" and buy some wheel spacers?
c) do something else to the car?

let me guys know, i need some help because i want to spend some more money =D.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Get some NAWZZZzzzzzzzz. Thats what I'm doin to my snake, one day when I finally have some money.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
ok.. im leaning towards the wheels too. i know once i get them id be much happier. I dont want NOS.. i dont really like NOS.. id rather buy a supercharger if i do forced induction.

How much are the actual saleen wheels? or is everyone just buying the center caps and buying a different brand? Give me some websites that have good deals. Ive found alot that sell the "Saleen Style wheels" but i dont think they are actual saleens.

What about tires? What brand/sizes (how wide?) tires should I buy? I dont really race or do burnouts so they dont need to be drag radials or ne thing. It is a daily drivin car, i try to stay out of rain but i drive to work and school so its kinda hard. Thanks guys for the input.

Oh and if im going to drop it, how much would you guys recommend with the 18's?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard OEM saleens are worse quality then the knock offs. Try www.buyfordracing.com they have killer deals right now on wheels, or www.mustangtuning.com or www.volpaz.com are allways good.

I would go with 18x9 up front and 18x10 out back with 265/35/18s up front and 295/35/18s out back. BFG Gforce KDWs are nice tires and arnt too retardly priced.

I would get H&R Supersport spings IMO they are by far the best looking spring out there...there like 1.8" front and like 1.65" rear I belive.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I ordered my wheels from mustang tuning (they get them from wheelreplicas.com i believe), and they are excellent quality. I recommend ordering from them.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Get some NAWZZZzzzzzzzz. Thats what I'm doin to my snake, one day when I finally have some money.

Thats been running thru my mind lately ::)

Mabye a ZEX 125 shot? ....................... :angel:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
alright, thanks guys for the input. i wont be able to buy my wheels ne time soon.. maybe in about 2 months, ill need to save up because i want to get the wheels, tires, and springs all at once.

where i live, we have a lot of "road humps" (speed bumps that are basically a huge speed bump, its about as long as my car).. if i get the h&r springs, will i still be able to clear these bumps if i drive really slow? also, will i need cc plates? thanks again.

edit :: i just added up the h&r springs, the saleen wheels, and the bfg kdw 2's and it will cost about 1800 dollars, so with my new job, i might be able to drop all that money in about 5 weeks!!!!!! I officially hate you guys for talking me into spending 2000 $$ on wheels and tires only because im 17 and shouldnt be spending that much money yet!!

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Not to ruin your day, but if you're doing your springs and dropping it more than 1.5", I'd suggest doing your shocks, struts and investing in cc plates at the same time.

Snakebit, I'm doing a 50-75 wet shot (hopefully) as soon as funds allow.

97vertstang

Reaction score
mustang tuning :thumb: my cousin bought them from there and great quality :thumb:

Downshift

Reaction score
I have H&R supersports and I also have 18inch wheels I havnt put the springs on yet but soon as I do I will let you know how it goes and take a pic. Only thing I would go against on your plans are the 18s but its just me. If you get 18s most tires are like 30-50 more per tire opposed to a 17 inch rim but might have just been the tires i was lookin at. And I dont know if the 5% discount at stangsuspension.com goes toward wheels or not but might want to email him he has awesome prices and then our 5% member discount. Goodluck.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
Not to ruin your day, but if you're doing your springs and dropping it more than 1.5", I'd suggest doing your shocks, struts and investing in cc plates at the same time.

Snakebit, I'm doing a 50-75 wet shot (hopefully) as soon as funds allow.

Cool, Im thinking of 100 or 125 (Wet) with a super SAFE dyno tune, should be a lot of fun. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online