Explorer diff in a SN95/1994 GT?

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
ok, as some know, I live on the other side of the planet in New Zealand, so have limited local parts access for rwd Ford cars, so I'm wondering whether there are any Ford Explorer diff's that I can bolt straight up to my car without changing any axles, etc?

Means I can then drop out my factory one and build it up without missing any track events.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Monsterbishi said:
ok, as some know, I live on the other side of the planet in New Zealand, so have limited local parts access for rwd Ford cars, so I'm wondering whether there are any Ford Explorer diff's that I can bolt straight up to my car without changing any axles, etc?

Means I can then drop out my factory one and build it up without missing any track events.
Explorer had a better flowing intake and the explorer also had gt40p heads. The gt40p heads are said to be better then the gt40 heads, because of how the head was designed a little bit different, but it has also been rumored that if your going all out then gt40 heads are better. Also if you want to put the gt40p heads on your 94 gt, you will need different exhaust manifolds seeing has how these heads are slanted different.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I believe he is wondering about the differential not the motor. I dont know but maybe someone will chime in here.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I believe he is wondering about the differential not the motor. I dont know but maybe someone will chime in here.
oh, I have no idea then.

ryclef331

Reaction score
It should work just fine. I'm not 100percent sure that it isn't a 31 spline diff. I know F150 8.8s are 31 spline. I think you'll be fine though.

S351R13

Reaction score
The explorer is 31 spline. You would have to change the axles.

bahndrvr

Reaction score
Yeap it will work but as stated the axle shafts are longer on the exploder's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online