Explorer Intake Questions

Silversn95

Reaction score
Hello All,
An Explorer Intake (upper/lower,rails,injectors) is available for what I think is a good price, $100. I believe these are off a 2001 Ex. Would this bolt on to my stock 5.0? Are there any clearance issues or modifications required to fit it to my 94 GT? I know this has probably been asked 100's of times but I would appreciate quick answers since the part may not be available for long. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yes it will bolt right on but I would suggest doing the heads and cam at the same time or you gain will be minimal.
You will need and adapter elbow to use your stock throttle body.
You'll need to modify you EGR piping or tune it out.

OP
OP
Silversn95

Silversn95

Reaction score
So no issues with hood clearance? I though I read somewhere that this was a potential issue and just want to make sure it isn't.
I would like to do a head change as well but I might pick-up this intake while it is available and hold off the assembly until I get the rest of the parts (adaptor/TB/heads and maybe cam as well).

tykempster

Reaction score
My explorer intake fit fine, but the strut tower brace won't. I think I'm gonna rework mine to make it fit.

Mac65

Reaction score
You have to modify the tower strut brace on the drivers side rear corner, and flatten it out a bit on the front.

Bub

Reaction score
Im running an explorer intake with a 1/2" spacer for valve cover clearence no issues with a stock hood

OP
OP
Silversn95

Silversn95

Reaction score
Im running an explorer intake with a 1/2" spacer for valve cover clearence no issues with a stock hood
Is the spacer necessary for clearance to stock valve covers or do you have aftermarket covers?

Addermk2

Reaction score
Foxbody covers will clear your rockers. But those tall covers won't clear your manifold

Kboss87

Reaction score

Strange. One of the bolts rubbed the underside bracing of the hood when I did a GT40 swap. No way I could have used a spacer. I also do have solid engine mounts though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online