Want To Buy Export Taillights

OP
OP
C

C_Money

Reaction score
A grand for taillights?? i would be willing to pay a decent penny but damn a grand is toooo much

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A grand for taillights?? i would be willing to pay a decent penny but damn a grand is toooo much

I got $1300 for them on eBay about a year ago. Here's the link to the page. The photos have since been archived, but the ad is still visible:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300968827954

I got your PM also [MENTION=20138]C_Money[/MENTION]. Sorry, I don't have any of the 96-98 export tails right now. (They're harder to obtain than the tails for the new edge.) The set that I had last year I ended up buying from somebody simply to buy-n-flip because his asking price was low and I saw the potential to make some quick easy money.

Racsirx

Reaction score
I guess I sold mine too cheap at $800 and that was a month ago

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I sold mine too cheap at $800 and that was a month ago

Yeah, you probably could have gotten almost twice that. It takes some patience though, but eventually somebody with deep enough pockets (and a bad enough desire to have them) will come along.

OP
OP
C

C_Money

Reaction score
DeepList yeah just keep your eye out for a set and let me know. lol i wish i didn't have to pay that for them but i might if they come up

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I agree export tail lights look amazing on some vehicles...
I could never justify paying the crazy prices for a little bit of color plastic.

No idea why the aftermarket companies don't make rip offs. Could make a killing.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Even though I agree export tail lights look amazing on some vehicles...
I could never justify paying the crazy prices for a little bit of color plastic.

No idea why the aftermarket companies don't make rip offs. Could make a killing.

Market research has already been done (as one of our sponsors pointed out before) and the cost to set up tooling, mass produce, warehouse, market and sell them would exceed what they'd expect to get on the return. These places know that they'll get more money from idiots looking for altezza style housing and other ricer-ish garbage than they would making stock looking lights with little amber corners. These days, export tail lights are a specialty item primarily for us enthusiasts. Most mustang owners don't even know what they are, nor do they care. Besides that, once knockoffs would reach the market, the value would drop like a rock, including the OE lights.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I'm just ready for my SRS fender emblems... The world DESERVES to know about the SRS package!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Market research has already been done (as one of our sponsors pointed out before) and the cost to set up tooling, mass produce, warehouse, market and sell them would exceed what they'd expect to get on the return. These places know that they'll get more money from idiots looking for altezza style housing and other ricer-ish garbage than they would making stock looking lights with little amber corners. These days, export tail lights are a specialty item primarily for us enthusiasts. Most mustang owners don't even know what they are, nor do they care. Besides that, once knockoffs would reach the market, the value would drop like a rock, including the OE lights.
Yes I'm aware haha.

I'm sure the Chinese could throw some yellow tint on and you could sell to the enthusiasts for like $500.

Crash this stupid market haha.

Racsirx

Reaction score
Yeah, you probably could have gotten almost twice that. It takes some patience though, but eventually somebody with deep enough pockets (and a bad enough desire to have them) will come along.

I kept getting responses that I was crazy asking $800 and that they were only worth $400

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online