Extra long tie rod ends for SN95 ('94) - what are my options?

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Due to the oddball steering rack I have in my '94 GT I'm after some tie rod ends (outter) that are at least 1/2" longer than the stockers, anyone know of anything that would do the job?

01yellercobra

Reaction score
What steering rack are you running? I have no info about the ends I'm just curious.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
You might have to look into a bump steer kit to get what you need.

Is it possible to swap the inner tie rods for the right ones?

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FlaMing river sales a long tie rod for a bump steer system they are about 1” longer over all

BigAl

Reaction score
Did some research to see if those fancy aftermarket Mustang adjustable tie rods would work for my MN12 rides. It won't for me but this info might help you.

Supposedly, the MN12 outer tie rod end is 1.73" longer than the SN95 piece. (I say supposedly because I never purchased both to compare them in person. Just looked up the data a while ago.) The length from the stud center to end is 5.45" on the SN95. It's 7.18" for the MN12, which is the same part for all 1989-97 Ford Thunderbirds and Mercury Cougars. The inner tie rods are the same part numbers for both SN95 and MN12, so the T-Bird rods will screw right in to your rack, assuming yours uses the stock SN95 inners with their 14mm-1.5mm threads.

So if you can deal with almost 1-3/4" more on each side, it might work. Hope it helps.