F150 Optimum Opti Coat detail

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This customer just bought this truck and wanted Opti Coat applied for easier maintenance.

Process. Truck was washed, bugs and tar removed, claybarred and then polished with Optimum Hyper Polish Spray with a polishing pad. I sprayed a mix of 50/50 alcohol on the paint to remove any oils that might have been left over from the polish to get the paint completely clean so that the Opti Coat could bond better.

Opti Coat was applied to the paint and all trim, we didn't do the wheels because the owner is planning on getting aftermarket wheels. We will be Opti Coating those when he gets them. http://stores.theragshack.com/-strse-141/Optimum-Opti-Coat-2.0/Detail.bok

Here are some pics: Sorry for the crappy Ipad photos!

opti1_zpsc1021262.jpg

opti2_zpsb0c22c22.jpg

opti3_zpse3189488.jpg

opti4_zpscfa5bacf.jpg

opti5_zps4c209fbf.jpg

opti6_zpsd48c2c92.jpg

opti7_zpsb0c131ad.jpg

opti8_zpsc3716c5f.jpg

Sinned83

Reaction score
Nice. I think I spy the obsessive detail warehouse... Do tell about the spray polish.

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Nice. I think I spy the obsessive detail warehouse... Do tell about the spray polish.

Optimum Spray Polish is a light to medium polish/swirl remover that can actually be sprayed onto your pad or directly onto the panel. When using a spray polish, you use a lot less product. Optimum Spray Polish can be applied in the direct sun and comes off like it was in the shade and has no residue, also has a long working time. My go to light/medium polish, I pretty much use it everyday.

9646gt

Reaction score
I just bought some optimum spray wax, sealent and wash. can't wait to use it once my car is back form paint and enough time has passed for it to be cured :)

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought some optimum spray wax, sealent and wash. can't wait to use it once my car is back form paint and enough time has passed for it to be cured :)
You can't go wrong with any Optimum product. I use pretty much their whole line with my detailing business.

Next time you need some Optimum stuff, don't forget about me. Members here get a discount.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great guy to deal with! ^^

Truck looks good, is opti seal in the little syringe??

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Great guy to deal with! ^^

Truck looks good, is opti seal in the little syringe??

Thanks J! No, that is Opti Coat in the syringe. Opti Coat is a permanent coating that will last for several years. Opti Seal is the sprayable sealant that will last for a few months.

9646gt

Reaction score
Wish I had known about the discount and payed more attention to your sig! I ended up buying from autogeek at a decent price but I will hit you up when it comes time for more stuff!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to get with you next year once this turd is painted, interested in the opti coat :D

9646, I've never had a dealer be so patient with me, on any front, and so willing to work with and help you use his products. That and he ships right away and has better prices than I've seen anywhere!! And always runs awesome specials on towels! (I have a ton of them now haha!)

So glad to have Justin as a sponsor, we need to utilize his service more IMO! :)

OP
OP
O

Obsessive Detail

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'll have to get with you next year once this turd is painted, interested in the opti coat :D

9646, I've never had a dealer be so patient with me, on any front, and so willing to work with and help you use his products. That and he ships right away and has better prices than I've seen anywhere!! And always runs awesome specials on towels! (I have a ton of them now haha!)

So glad to have Justin as a sponsor, we need to utilize his service more IMO! :)

You will love Opti Coat and it is a good money maker when you offer to apply it to your customers. You can make $250 on up just to apply the coating. It is basically like adding an additional layer of clearcoat with beading properties, scratch resistance, and road grime, bugs,etc....are much easier to get off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online