F150 transmission question. need help

tooslow

Reaction score
i'm posting this for a friend who needs some information about the transmission in his truck.

i know nothing about them, so hopefully someone here can be of help.

this is what he asked me

"I need info on my 4R75E transmission. I dunno how much you know, but I know they came in your car... I think. So maybe you could at least point me in the right direction.

Upgrades, I need to know available upgrades. All I can find are C plates from Factory Tech and TCs.

I know the 4R75E is just an update on the 4R70W, so what I mostly want to know is: what upgrades are available for the 4R70W, and can I use them with my transmission?

To start with, my transmission's supposed to be able to handle 750 ft lbs torque, and that's multiplied by the TC somehow, but I'll learn about that later.

Supposedly, with the C plate installed, I shouldn't have to upgrade the valve body.

From what I've found, the high carbon content clutch plates from the factory are pretty good, and don't really need to be upgraded, but adding plates to the forward and direct stacks and ditching the "wave" is supposed to be a good way to increase the box's integrity. I don't know what some of that means, but I'll have to find out. I'd like to know where to get the parts to do this, though. From what I see, I should probably be able to rebuild the transmission in a day or two. It'd be a weekend job.

Transmission pan. What are some popular ones I should look at?

I want to do all this to prepare the transmission for my heavy foot combined with big tires, and in a couple years when I get back from Iraq, probably a Vortech SQ-trim on 11 psi"

thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
he just found it.

i sent him here to lurk. :)

big thanks from him also.

OP
OP
T

tooslow

Reaction score
one more question.

Are there internal differences between the 4R70W and 4R75E?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
If I remember reading in the tranny 101, the difference is the clutch plates inside. Don't quote me on that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online