Failed my emission inspection with my UPR catted X pipe?

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Yea a off road mid pipe helps you might not gain much power but I picked up a few tenths on the 1/4

What's a few tenths? increasing HP by 10 is worth a .1TH in ET reduction so no way would an Off road h pipe pick up a few .10ths over that stock mid pipe since it's not possible to realize a 20HP gain from a off road mid pipe and no other changes.

I'll bet that the conditions(variables) were not the same between the catted and non catted pipe at the drag strip. Wind, temp, traction, engine temp are all variables too large to ignore if you want to do an accurate comparison. As an example, a car sitting in the pits can gain a few tenths just by cooling off. In order for you claim about an off road pipe reducing ET's to carry any weight, the variables would have to be the same with both pipes and the results would have to be repeatable as well. I'll say that It's a bunch of bull for a off road mid pipe alone to reduce ET's by a "few" tenths with everything else being equal.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
What's a few tenths? increasing HP by 10 is worth a .1TH in ET reduction so no way would an Off road h pipe pick up a few .10ths over that stock mid pipe since it's not possible to realize a 20HP gain from a off road mid pipe and no other changes.

I'll bet that the conditions(variables) were not the same between the catted and non catted pipe at the drag strip. Wind, temp, traction, engine temp are all variables too large to ignore if you want to do an accurate comparison. As an example, a car sitting in the pits can gain a few tenths just by cooling off. In order for you claim about an off road pipe reducing ET's to carry any weight, the variables would have to be the same with both pipes and the results would have to be repeatable as well. I'll say that It's a bunch of bull for a off road mid pipe alone to reduce ET's by a "few" tenths with everything else being equal.

Very well the stock npi 2v with a cai catback 3.73 gears a short throw went from 14.1-14.0 to 13.80's to 13.90's nothing else changed shift points nothing changed tires everything the same , cars with next to no power it makes a difference bigger power cars I can agree little to no difference on my car now I would see no gains, I can agree with that

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
el oh el.

lets all just buy full tubular chassis Atoms. Open wheel > closed wheel.

plus look at the show-room-floor-quality smile you get:
ariel-atom.jpg

I'll just shut down the site. because obviously trying to squeeze every horsepower possible and hot-rodding old mustangs is just a waste of time.

everyone just buy a shelby.

cobraracer46

Reaction score
I'll just shut down the site. because obviously trying to squeeze every horsepower possible and hot-rodding old mustangs is just a waste of time.

everyone just buy a shelby.

I'm all for modifying SN95 mustangs as long as the modifications do something besides waste your time and money. The only point I'm trying to make is that High flow mid pipes are worthless when it comes to Horsepower production and with more states cracking down on their use at registration renewal time, the choice to run a aftermarket mid pipe looks even more foolish. It's just not worth the aggravation. Even Kenne Bell Superchargers is on my side with this point: well here read it for yourself all you "high flow" mid pipe nut swingers
http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/MustangCatalyticConverters.pdf

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
That wasnt your only point. Then you stated that an offroad exhaust has no benefit on mod motors. That the only mod worth while on mod motors are catbacks. And you want to say you dont want to waste time and money..

Does KB even have that on their site still?

And nutswingers? lolz.. Coming from the guy who just said "I'm all for modifying SN95 mustangs as long as the modifications do something besides waste your time and money" But wants to put a gold foil on his intake.. Good idea.. Wonder why it hasnt been done on a street driven car before.. Wonder why 1000hp mustangs dont do this all of the time. I wonder why every single road race car or 1/4 mile car doesnt do this.. huh..

cobraracer46

Reaction score
Does KB even have that on their site still?

Kenne Bell still has that page were they proved that Open and high flow mid pipes are a waste.

One more kenne bell link for the open mid pipe nut swingers to chew on.
http://kennebell.net/KBWebsite/Common/pdfs/header_cat_xpipe_exhaust_tests.pdf

This thread motivates me to start an all out engine build within 3 years with the goal being 750 RWHP by using as many factory parts as possible, including the the factory 4 cat H pipe!

Call me a Kenne Bell nut swinger. Over 700 RWHP with a ton of factory parts, including the H pipe. Take a look.
http://www.mustang50magazine.com/te...mustang_cobra_mammoth_blower_kit/viewall.html

Walking Tall

Reaction score

Your posts are written like a Nigerian scam email. They make about as much sense too.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Your posts are written like a Nigerian scam email. They make about as much sense too.

HAHAHA!!! Love it!

CR - Go for it. Let me know how it turns out. Between that and figuring out what materials have what operating temps; that they dont use to make bushings out of on our cars lol. Plus the gold foil. Go for it! More power to ya.
Never said you cant make 700hp with factory cats still on the car. But take from that what you will.

Plus. I still know. That a 2013Gt500 picked up 20hp/20tq from adding a new midpipe.. So. yup.
I mean the car was modified.
But before the midpipe(with cats) it made 719hp and 690tq(690.35 to be exact)
After removing the cats: 740.45hp and 723.65tq

btw. for all that were wondering. Car made 607/601 stock

But what the **** do I know

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online