Familiar yellow GT

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like any build that goes for style and power.

I'll be watching for updates.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
I look forward to seeing where this build goes. Nothing wrong with an ls swap. Let the haters hate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichV

Reaction score
Are we gonna see one actually get done??!! Most just post up about it, the shitstorm flies, and then nothing ever happens after.

At least finish it!!

1000HP, nothing to joke about fo-sho. Chebby, Ford, or whatever.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Then you guys must really hate Carroll Shelby - I mean, that bastard took a perfectly good Ford motor and put it in a British car!!

I would say the same to him. Why?! But atleast he got back on track.

Idk what's worse, the people that hate on non-Ford engine swaps or the people that do it and like to shove it in their face.

true hot rodding that's all this is.

Yeah ah really I guess people forget about the old days.

i find it hilarious people seriously get so hot and bothered by it. I mean to the point of going on rants and rants and rants.

I find it hilarious that it can only be a one way opinion. Maybe you should try practicing what you preach?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would say the same to him. Why?! But atleast he got back on track.

Got back on track?? Cobra's wouldn't exist today if it weren't for what he did. One of the brightest stars in the Mustang line-up is in existence all because some dude stuck one company's motor in another company's car. I'm sure some folks were like "what the hell do you think you are doing, putting a Ford motor in that car!" To which he replied "This" as he proceeded to wipe the floor with them. He didn't get back in line, for all his faults, he started the line. But it's all good. We can agree to disagree, I am cool with that. We may never see eye-to-eye on this and that's okie-dokie. I have nothing against you :) "Thread, I command thee, back to original intents! This hy-jack be over and done with!"

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Got back on track?? Cobra's wouldn't exist today if it weren't for what he did. One of the brightest stars in the Mustang line-up is in existence all because some dude stuck one company's motor in another company's car. I'm sure some folks were like "what the hell do you think you are doing, putting a Ford motor in that car!" To which he replied "This" as he proceeded to wipe the floor with them. He didn't get back in line, for all his faults, he started the line. But it's all good. We can agree to disagree, I am cool with that. We may never see eye-to-eye on this and that's okie-dokie. I have nothing against you :) "Thread, I command thee, back to original intents! This hy-jack be over and done with!"

Back on track yes. He did wonders for mopars,and then brought ford all this way. I never knew the cobras were euro cars? I thought they were his creation? But yes I would say the same thing to him if I knew he cross bread.I told mr.saleen one year here at a show,how ugly one of his cars were .Not to be disrespectfull,but hey I speak my mind and opinion,dont like it? Tough! Of course I have no beef with you or anyone on here. I speak my mind. My opinions. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion. they are like assholes. Everyone has one. And they stink.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Back on track yes. He did wonders for mopars,and then brought ford all this way. I never knew the cobras were euro cars? I thought they were his creation? But yes I would say the same thing to him if I knew he cross bread.

Well your understandings are wrong. If you are so tried and true and bleed blue. You would know Ac built this body back in the late 50's
should I go on? I'm gonna do some copy and pasting bc I don't feel like typing this all out.

In 1962, AC was approached by Carroll Shelby to use a small block Ford V8 engine in the Ace chassis, producing the AC Cobra. Shelby needed a car that could compete with the Chevrolet Corvette in US sports car racing. The resulting Cobra was a very powerful roadster, and it is commonly blamed for the introduction of the 70 mph (110 km/h) limit on British motorways. While this was a major factor in the decision, after a coupe version was caught doing 196 mph (315 km/h) during a test run,[11] a then-recent spate of accidents under foggy conditions also helped the introduction of the limit.[12]
At the end of the 1964 racing season, the Cobra was being outclassed in sports car racing by Ferrari. Carroll Shelby decided he needed a bigger engine. A big block Ford FE series 390 V8 was installed in a Cobra and the result was scary—the car was virtually undrivable. It was decided that a completely new chassis was needed. With the combined help of Ford’s computers and the experience of the AC engineers, the new MKIII was born with 4-inch (100 mm) main tubes instead of 3-inch (76 mm) for the chassis, huge cross-braced shock towers and coil springs all around. This, along with a bigger 427 ci version of the FE, made the new AC Cobra MKIII an absolutely unbeatable 2,200 lb (1,000 kg) race car. Specifically, the engine that was installed in the car was Ford's famed 427 FE NASCAR "Side-Oiler" V8, a power-house engine developing 425 bhp (317 kW) in its mildest street version. Unfortunately, the car missed homologation for the 1965 season and was not raced by the Shelby team. However, it was raced successfully by many privateers and went on to win races all the way into the 1970s. The AC 427 Cobra, although a commercial failure when in production, has now become one of the most sought-after and replicated automobiles ever.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
:popcorn:

Well it seems class is in session today! Keep
it civil but let the OP have her thread back.

Tommy92

Reaction score
The Cobra is a whole another universe from ls swap.. how do you even compared those two? Once she swaps the ls and change out the suspension gives it a cool name and start beating everything in the race track then start producing them ill give ls swapped mustangs named _______ some respect.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm not sure why we all needed that giant chunk of information about Cobras...

I wanna see more pictures! :D

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
The Cobra is a whole another universe from ls swap.. how do you even compared those two? Once she swaps the ls and change out the suspension gives it a cool name and start beating everything in the race track then start producing them ill give ls swapped mustangs named _______ some respect.

i agree after reading the article,and glad professor win schooled all of us,or if anything at least me! And yes swapping a ford into anything is just as bad as this swap.

I'm not sure why we all needed that giant chunk of information about Cobras...

I wanna see more pictures! :D

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0
see my prior response. Doubt there will be more pics,as said shitbox swaps usually fail.

Nope. Still have my POS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.