Familiar yellow GT

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
So many good parts in this thread . Keep it up

alex302

Reaction score
Theres something about dirty hands and pink nail polish that makes me smile....:grin:

keep up the good work...:headbang:

IMG_20140703_233334_922_zps3e5fae32.jpg

ResizedImage_1396280091299_zps6f074d82.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hope everyone is being respectful in this thread. I didnt want to read through all 3 pages to make sure... lol. [MENTION=18380]miss.mod.50[/MENTION] you know how to get a hold of me if someone is being a douche-nozzle....

Glad to see the ride is headed in the right direction!!

We're here to help, by the way. I built a Chevy 350 in my shed and use it to blend my morning smoothies...

ryclef331

Reaction score
Build looks great. 2 things. The "hex adjust" timing set on the motor I would throw in the trash. I personally never liked them at ALL. Great motor set up though. 2nd...how big is your fuel cell going to be to complete the mandatory cruise for true street on methanol? 500lb inj+ Meth AND street car??? I'm a fan...seriously.

ryclef331

Reaction score
The hex adjust was already on it when I dug the motor out of the shop. Did you have issues with one?

Since switching to the meth setup the true street is pretty much out of the question now. I dont even wanna know how expensive that cruise would be running the meth lol. I'll be sticking to the LSx Rumble class and seeing if i have a chance in a couple of our local heads-up series Ultra class. Street time will be very limited.
Right now we are toying with mounting options for the cooling system v. blower v. belt drive fuel pump on a motor plate.

On a good note my front Billet Specialties came in yesterday :-D
IMG_20140716_173037_664_zpsb432479a.jpg

I didn't install the one that I saw fail personally but looking at it, it relies on the one adjustable pin and the friction of the 3 bolts to hold its adjustment. I mean it would work fine in most applications but I prefer less moving parts. The one I saw, I believe the installer forgot to torque or loctite the 3 bolts, and it slipped timing (car started to run like shit). Eventually, the car wouldn't start. We looked at everything then with a valve cover off, noticed the rockers weren't moving. Found the cam gear had literally fallen off and sheared off the dowel pin. Again, take it with a grain of salt. I've also had some people's who's opinions I think very highly of tell me they don't like them. I know you're going for a max effort build so dialing in the cam timing is going to be part of that formula...I would look at a double roller setup a least like the Cloyes (looking at yours, it looks like the Comp Single row). Again, just my opinion. You see to have some very talented people helping you with this car so they may have more experience in that area than I do. Can't wait to see when its done.