Fan blowing on Defrost only...

Mustanger

Reaction score
I love the internet search!!! Started the car today & the fan only blew on defrost would not switch to any other setting....Googled the problem & instantly found a post that led me to the vacuum line that goes through the firewall on the passenger side.... crosses over on the firewall in the engine bay to the drivers side and connects to the vacuum tree behind the strut tower...line was disconnected...plugged it in & voila! Phew...it's 98* heading to 100+ again....this is Oregon?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Reading the title of the thread my first thought was vacuum. Had that problem before on my F-150.
That temp is crazy too! It's been in the 70's-80's all week down here in the delta where it's normally 100% humidity and 90+!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does it turn off the ac when it goes to defrost or is the windshield just that hot because I was amazed how little effect it did to anything...

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

Reaction score
It turned off the AC too...the compressor relay would not kick in at all...I didn't try to turn on the heat it was already close to 100* and I figured i couldn't tell the difference! ...So glad it is working because we are driving 50 miles this morning to go to a car show. We will need it coming home!

russ8825

Reaction score
Yeah I've had the same problem with the lines. Had to replace most of the ones in the engine bay. 20 year old cars, those lines start to go

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online