Fan issues

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
36cfff558a29c8372cbf75fce1c34045.jpg
so the low speed fan kicks on at 205 degrees and cools it down. But the guage still says it's in the a of normal. ?

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk
Bump

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Pay attention to the scanner, not the gauge. Our gauges are more of a rough guess. I would get a laser thermometer and shoot it to verify that the sensor is working. If they show about the same, then you are alright. Or you could go into your settings and adjust your fan temps just to make sure the high speed is working. Everything you are posting sounds pretty normal to me.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Is your radiator original? Mine was replaced about 5/6 years ago because it didn't pass a pressure test. Test radiator, test cap, and water pump. I believe in theory that all these items wear at the same rate if there all original and they eventually have to be replaced. Only thing that is not replaced is the original fan system and water pump. I still get to "A" in normal in park, but on the highway or street is right center in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Pay attention to the scanner, not the gauge. Our gauges are more of a rough guess. I would get a laser thermometer and shoot it to verify that the sensor is working. If they show about the same, then you are alright. Or you could go into your settings and adjust your fan temps just to make sure the high speed is working. Everything you are posting sounds pretty normal to me.
Thanks for all the help. Respect

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Update fellas. Changed me Gage sensor on passenger side of intake manifold. Stays in middle and when fan kicks on it is barely past the m in normal

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Glad to hear it is sorted out, both my 95 v6 and 96 v8 read high on the stock thermostat gauge on the cluster. My gt reads low on the stock gauge now due to the new connectors, radiator, thermostat and SCT tune setting. I know how annoying and nervous it can make you driving the car showing that it is close to overheating. Did you check the connector to the fan and the wiring (as a precautionary measure)?

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Glad to hear it is sorted out, both my 95 v6 and 96 v8 read high on the stock thermostat gauge on the cluster. My gt reads low on the stock gauge now due to the new connectors, radiator, thermostat and SCT tune setting. I know how annoying and nervous it can make you driving the car showing that it is close to overheating. Did you check the connector to the fan and the wiring (as a precautionary measure)?
Yeah I checked the connecters all look newish no issues and not even dirty. I also put dielectrical grese on every connecter plug wire under the hood. Ocd status.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You have to be careful with the grease. Some of them can cause interruptions in the signals from the sensors going back to the computer. I find it best to leave the grease out of there and make sure all the weatherproof connections are good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.