Fast Indicators

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've noticed over the past couple of weeks that when indicating to turn left the click from the dashboard is 2-3 times faster than it should be - right is absolutely fine.

I've checked outside and both the front and rear bulbs are illuminating as required, just at high-speed.

Today I've taken out both bulbs, checked them, reseated them and it still does it!

I thought (possibly wrongly!) that a fast clicker was a sign that a bulb had gone, but clearly they are both working.

Can anyone give some indicators (no joke intended!) as to what else I can check for to see why the clicker is running so fast on the left-hand side?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
pull the flasher out, check/clean its connections and then put it back together and see if it helps.

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah, that's kind-of what I did - bugger all difference, alas...

TMW

07GtS197

Reaction score
So you pulled and cleaned all the bulbs and the flasher under the dash? That’s what Scott is referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
So you pulled and cleaned all the bulbs and the flasher under the dash? That’s what Scott is referring to.

Ah - sorry, not aware of the flasher under the dash - misunderstood you there Scott.

What's the flasher under the dash?

"The flasher" has a totally different meaning over here in the UK...

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
turn on the turn signals and then get on your back and look next to the fuse box for the yellow relay box that will be clicking. Get technical with it and push/pull/jiggle the harness going to it and see if it does anything differently. If nothing changes disconnect the flasher from the harness and see if the connections look ok. You could consider trying another one out quick to see if it helps.

OP
OP
tmwsccsh

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
So here's a weird thing.

Hadn't had the chance to look at this properly yet but took her out yesterday and no issues at all - repeater clicker running as expected.

Went out again on a couple of short runs this morning and same again. All good.

Times are weird - that's fixed itself and the mysterious leak my Jaguar X-Type has has also stopped in the past couple of days...

TMW

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that sucks, it means you have a bad connection somewhere. It will be back and probably a PIA to track down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.