Fastest N/A SN95 Vert on the PLANET!!!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
so any size motor or whatever as long as theres no other power adder and it has to be a sn...??

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
so any size motor or whatever as long as theres no other power adder and it has to be a sn...??

Yup . . an SN vert

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Of online people you i would think.

Sadly, not everyone with a mustang has been on a computer/mustang forum. So, from what we know it would be Trubble :thumb: :thumb: than after you would be me.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
rofl.. nice slip chop.. he was way off his dial time i would say...

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Fets said:
SN95 Vert that is street legal, or no??

Doesn't have to be street legal. Mine isn't.

Twista said:
Of online people you i would think.

Sadly, not everyone with a mustang has been on a computer/mustang forum. So, from what we know it would be Trubble :thumb: :thumb: than after you would be me.

Yeah . . . I've been asking around the race crowd in NMRA, Fun Furd, PSCA, etc. and no one knows of one . . Fox bodies, yes . . . SN95s, no.

[TxCobrA98 said:
]

Hard to win bracket races when you're that far off. . . lol

ripper

Reaction score
Fuck the vert and motor. Id like to just see how many sn95 guys got a 9 sec car. I know a guy with a ported termy thats been tryin to get to 10;s like forever. LOL. To get a blown car to 10 takes weeks at the track, lots of dyno time, porting out the ass, money out the ass, and driving skill. Ive only seen one clutch car EVER go 10 and that was a GN. Ill be happy with an 11.999 :dancing6: LOL

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

thats the worst sandbagging i have ever seen hahaha...i think they might be on to him :eek:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Stevo said:
Ive only seen one clutch car EVER go 10 and that was a GN.

Really? I've seen quite a few stick-shift vehicles run 10s here in Phoenix. Even a streetcar that ran 10.20s @ 140+. Most guys put automatics in, but die-hards like me would never do that. :D

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I kept the 5 speed until I started bracket racing a lot. It's just impossible to be consistent enough with a 5 speed to be competetive.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
[TxCobrA98 said:
]

thats the worst sandbagging i have ever seen hahaha...i think they might be on to him :eek:

Slip chop? That was completley legit! I've got a picture of him coming off the line. ;)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
Stevo said:

Really? I've seen quite a few stick-shift vehicles run 10s here in Phoenix. Even a streetcar that ran 10.20s @ 140+. Most guys put automatics in, but die-hards like me would never do that. :D

well i can tell you my auto car is super consistant...its not all about going fast in brackets its about consistancy and i cant do that with my stick car

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
There was a guy with a near-stock fox coupe also here in Phoenix that was consistent as the sunrise with his stick-shift. Of course, he only ran 13.0s which is much easier than 10s, but he was literally within thousandths nearly every pass. It's all about practice.

Besides, autotragics are boring! :D

Paul.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Paul said:
There was a guy with a near-stock fox coupe also here in Phoenix that was consistent as the sunrise with his stick-shift. Of course, he only ran 13.0s which is much easier than 10s, but he was literally within thousandths nearly every pass. It's all about practice.

Besides, autotragics are boring! :D

Paul.

No. 13s are boring. I can jog that fast.

I race both Team Speedworld and Team Firebird. I can tell you that there is nobody in the Pro or Superpro classes using a manual tranny. Sportsman, maybe. But that class is for street cars and ricers.

Compared to launching off the transbrake with a full manual reverse pattern auto . . . my five speed was a snore.

You should come out to Speedworld Friday June 1st. I'll be making my licensing passes and putting the car into the 9s. Then you can see just how boring it is . . . ;)

5 speeds are good for making slow cars "feel" fast. That's all.

Hellion94

Reaction score
Paul said:
Stevo said:

Ahh, innocence.

You guys haven't lived.

FYI it's not hard at all to get a car in the 10's. We did it with a stock longblock, a blower, and a 5 speed (as well as an auto) in an '89 LX, Low 10's in fact with the auto.

And there are TONS of cars that go WAAAYYY faster than 10's with sticks. In fact, you know all those mid 6-second Pro cars you see? Guess what? they're all sticks. Once you get to the big tire realm, sticks rule. Now, granted, they aren't like the 5 speeds in our cars, but they are still manually shifted and operate with a clutch(not while shifting, but for the launch). In fact, right here in NM we've got an 8 second, small block, small tire, N/A, stickshifted mustang. And i've seen I don't know how many 9 and 10 second passes on a stickshift, believe me. It's not rare at all.

And I've also seen a lot of SN95 cars that run very fast, to answer an earlier question, that's also not a rare thing at all. In fact, we've got one of those too, haha. :D I've got a lot of video proof of all this stuff too.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Paul said:
Stevo said:

Ahh, innocence.

You guys haven't lived.

FYI it's not hard at all to get a car in the 10's. We did it with a stock longblock, a blower, and a 5 speed (as well as an auto) in an '89 LX, Low 10's in fact with the auto.

And there are TONS of cars that go WAAAYYY faster than 10's with sticks. In fact, you know all those mid 6-second Pro cars you see? Guess what? they're all sticks. Once you get to the big tire realm, sticks rule. Now, granted, they aren't like the 5 speeds in our cars, but they are still manually shifted and operate with a clutch(not while shifting, but for the launch). In fact, right here in NM we've got an 8 second, small block, small tire, N/A, stickshifted mustang. And i've seen I don't know how many 9 and 10 second passes on a stickshift, believe me. It's not rare at all.

And I've also seen a lot of SN95 cars that run very fast, to answer an earlier question, that's also not a rare thing at all. In fact, we've got one of those too, haha. :D I've got a lot of video proof of all this stuff too.

Yep. There are lots of cars that go fast with a stick . . . they just aren't bracket cars.

But . . . back to the original question. Do you know of a faster N/A SN95 vert?

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i agree with you truuble about the 5 sp making slow cars feel faster...

and with the comment about the 6 second stick cars you mentioned that they are manually shifted with out a clutch its only used to launch so how is that any different then a manually shifted auto car lauched with a transbrake??

ripper

Reaction score
Well thats what i meant when i said clutch car. Clutching off your tach light in every gear. I have to bracket race here to Tad and the stick suks ass. I cant be consistent for crap. Even with the tach light im always off by a bit here or there. Auto rules in bracket racing. You ever hear a delay box? LMAO The first time i heard one i thought the guys car was broke. Then ZOOOM.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
i agree with you truuble about the 5 sp making slow cars feel faster...

and with the comment about the 6 second stick cars you mentioned that they are manually shifted with out a clutch its only used to launch so how is that any different then a manually shifted auto car lauched with a transbrake??

Actually . . most big tire cars run powerglides. Pro stock is different . . and I have a lot of respect for those guys. But, you're right, even with an auto, you're pullin gears. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X08g3IHSt8

Stevo said:
Well thats what i meant when i said clutch car. Clutching off your tach light in every gear. I have to bracket race here to Tad and the stick suks ass. I cant be consistent for crap. Even with the tach light im always off by a bit here or there. Auto rules in bracket racing. You ever hear a delay box? LMAO The first time i heard one i thought the guys car was broke. Then ZOOOM.

Yeah . . . that's why I stay in Pro instead of getting into Superpro. I don't much like the electronics shit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online